President Trump on Sunday is denying reports that he is thinking about firing Alex Azar as secretary of Health and Human Services. ‘Reports that H.H.S. Secretary [Azar] is going to be “fired” by me are Fake News,’ the president tweeted on Sunday. ‘The Lamestream Media knows this, but they are desperate to create the perception of chaos & havoc in the minds of the public. ‘They never even called to ask. Alex is doing an excellent job!’ Both The Wall Street Journal and POLITICO reported on Saturday that the administration is considering replacing Azar because of early missteps in the handling of the coronavirus pandemic. A White House spokesman, Judd Deere, denied it and said the HHS under Azar continues to lead on a number of the president’s priorities. ‘Any speculation about personnel is irresponsible and a distraction from our whole-of-government response to COVID-19,’ Deere said. President Trump (left) on Sunday slammed media reports that the administration was considering the removal of Alex Azar (right) as secretary of Health and Human Services ‘Alex is doing an excellent job!’ the president tweeted on Sunday evening The Journal, citing six people familiar with the discussions, said frustration with Azar was growing but… Read full this story
- Trump Nominates Andrew Wheeler As Permanent EPA Administrator
- Future seems uncertain for Trump's acting attorney generalYou may also be interested in...
- Whitaker gets cool reception from Trump as acting AG
- Report sinks labor secretary’s hopes of being Trump’s attorney general
- Push pause on Arkansas's Medicaid work requirement, federal oversight panel says
- GOP Sen. Collins calls for vote on bill to protect Mueller from being fired
- FACT CHECK: Trump's changing stories in expanding probesYou may also be interested in...
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s twists on Russia, shutdown, vets
- 13 Things That Probably Sent Donald Trump Into A Rage Spiral In 2018
- The Trump Official Who Failed to Reunify Dozens of Separated Children Is Getting a New Role
'Fake news!' Trump denies he is on the verge of firing Alex Azar and says Health Secretary is 'doing an excellent job' in midst of coronavirus pandemic have 319 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 27, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.