Data gathered by a new specially-designed symptom tracking app suggests there are currently 1.9 million people aged 20-69 in the UK who have symptomatic Covid-19. Contributors can track their daily health on the specially-created app, which is also being used by healthcare and hospital workers nationwide. It comes as the UK today announced yet another record one-day high of 684 deaths, taking the total number of fatalities to 3,605. The COVID Symptom Tracker works by taking people through a questionnaire about how they are feeling and whether they have the typical symptoms of coronavirus. The app has been developed by a King’s College London team in association with the Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, NIHR Biomedical Research Centre and healthcare start-up ZOE Global Limited According to researchers, the preliminary data from the app shows wide variation across the UK, with hotspots of the disease including major cities like London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow, and Belfast. But it also highlights problems in rural areas of South Wales, which are currently experiencing bed shortages following an influx of patients. It is hoped that this information can support the effective deployment of limited NHS resources such as healthcare personnel, testing kits… Read full this story
- Covid-19 UPDATE: Friday, July 10
- Covid-19 UPDATE: All the latest news from the world
- MI Symptoms COVID-19 Tracker Surpasses 3 Million Entries
- The Big Read: A year after the first COVID-19 outbreak in dorms, how has life changed for foreign workers?
- We’re Finally Starting to Understand How Covid-19 Affects the Brain
- Community spirit among Singaporeans shines through during Covid-19 pandemic, says public service report card
- COVID-19 ‘Long Haulers’ Most Often Experience Brain Fog, Fatigue, Study Finds
- US working closely with India to identify ways to address COVID-19 crisis: American officials
- Covid-19 antibodies may protect against reinfection later, study suggests
- California to allow indoor gatherings as COVID-19 cases plummet
Coronavirus symptom app suggests that 1.9 MILLION Brits could have Covid-19 with Birmingham and Liverpool among the future hotspots have 303 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 4, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.