The Prime Minister made the call after Beijing’s representatives in Canberra attacked two federal government MPs for suggesting China should have to pay other countries coronavirus compensation. On 2GB on Friday morning, Alan Jones put it to the PM that “this week the wet markets across China resumed operation. No additional rules, no regulations, fruit bats are still on the menu. What is the world or should the world be doing about this?” A wet market in Wuhan, China is believed to be where the coronavirus epidemic began in December last year, crossing from animals to humans. Mr Morrison said wet markets were a “very real and significant problem, wherever they exist.” “This virus started in China and went round the world – that’s how it started. We all know that, and these wet markets can be a real problem when it comes to what can occur in those markets,” he said. “And I think from a world health point of view, this is something the World Health Organisation should do something about. “All this money that comes out of the UN and the World Health Organisation … this is why we’ve got to be quite strident on these things… Read full this story
- Class 2-A: Senior Gage Clay leads way as AHSTW finishes first in 800 relay
- Meet the Utah athletes who will compete in the Pyeongchang Olympic Games
- From Thin Ice to Frozen Four: The Unlikely Saga of Minnesota Duluth
- Mellinger Minutes: KU FBI, KC Royals, Chiefs, analysis
- Mellinger Minutes: KU & the FBI, Royals & stinking, Vermes & Reid switching jobs & more
Coronavirus: Scott Morrison gives national update, Aussie cruise passengers to dock in Florida have 262 words, post on www.news.com.au at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.