To keep our community informed of the most urgent coronavirus news, The San Francisco Chronicle’s critical updates are free to read. Ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: 8,569 in California, including 2,381 in the Bay Area. 189,500 cases in the U.S., with 4,076 deaths, including 183 in California and 63 in the Bay Area. The five states with the highest death tolls are: New York with 1,714, Washington state with 225, New Jersey with 267, Michigan with 259 and Louisiana with 239. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. More than 874,000 in the world with more than 43,000 deaths. More than 185,000 people have recovered. For detailed maps, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Breaking news developments today: 7:38 a.m. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services offices to remain closed through April: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services offices will remain closed to people seeking in-person services until May 4, federal officials said Wednesday. Immigration officials said they plan to reopen in early May “unless the public… Read full this story
- Coronavirus Live Updates: India's COVID-19 Tally Soars Past 8 Million Mark
- UPDATED: Nationwide testing for COVID-19 is on
- Coronavirus live updates: California jobs recovery outpaces states where pandemic is surging
- Coronavirus live updates: San Francisco is national big-city leader in keeping infection rates low
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area case counts plummet from summer highs
- Coronavirus: Hospitals face being overrun by COVID-19 in 'the new Lombardy'
- Coronavirus: Spain orders Madrid lockdown as COVID-19 cases soar
- Coronavirus: Scotland bans household visits as COVID-19 rules tightened in Nicola Sturgeon announcement
- Coronavirus: Five of Europe's top COVID-19 hotspots are in the north of England
- Coronavirus: UK records another 7,108 COVID-19 cases and 71 deaths
Coronavirus live updates: ‘You’re scared’ — Nurse with COVID-19 is one of dozens afflicted in state have 294 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.