CHICAGO — Three more skilled nursing care residents at the Smith Village Senior Living Community in the city’s Beverly/Morgan Park neighborhood have died as a result of contracting the new coronavirus, increasing the number of deaths reported at the retirement community near 113th and Western to five after two others died this past weekend. Also, seven more residents in their skilled nursing care wing have tested positive, with 32 of the tests coming back negative and one inconclusive as of Thursday at noon. The seven who tested positive have been in isolation since they first showed symptoms, before the test results came back, Executive Director Marti Jatis said in a statement that’s to appear on the Smith Village website on Thursday. The 32 who tested negative remain asymptomatic, according to the director. Don’t miss updates about precautions in Beverly, Mount Greenwood and Morgan Park as they are announced. Sign up for Beverly-Mt. Greenwood Patch news alerts and newsletters. Family members of all residents who have received test results have been notified, a Smith Village spokeswoman told Patch. Family members of the residents who have died have also been notified. “We join their families and friends, as well as those of… Read full this story
- Port Allen nursing home resident dies after contracting coronavirus
- Two former college basketball standouts die after battling coronavirus
- Mahira Khan to entertain fans with content saved in her phone as national battles coronavirus
- Putin sends Russian military virologists to battle coronavirus in Italy as death toll rises nearly 800 in 24 hours and Lombardy region bans outdoor exercise in stricter lockdown
- Senior British diplomat, 37, dies after contracting coronavirus
- 'It was like I'd swallowed glass': Mother, 46, battling coronavirus describes horror symptoms as her temperature soared to more than 39C and body 'felt like it was on fire'
- Coronavirus Update: 1st San Francisco Resident Dies From COVID-19
- French border guards impound trucks filled with 130,000 face masks bound for Britain for NHS workers battling coronavirus
- Rancho Mirage Nursing Facility Vendor Tests Positive For COVID-19 After Resident Dies From Virus
- Apple Is Donating Millions of Masks to Health Workers Battling Coronavirus, CEO Tim Cook Says
3 More Smith Village Residents Die, 18 Now Battling Coronavirus have 354 words, post on patch.com at April 16, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.