A 21-year-old woman, who got married just two days ago, committed suicide by hanging herself in her maternal home in Karnataka’s Gadag district, police said on Tuesday. The woman, a resident of Musari near Nandishwar Mutt, was engaged to tie the knot with a man from the same district in an arranged marriage before the lockdown.Both families decided to go ahead with the marriage on Sunday as scheduled in spite of the lockdown. The marriage was solemnised at a temple in Lakshmeshwar town of Gadag district in a simple ceremony in the presence of only the parents and immediate family members.To complete other rituals she is said to have returned to her maternal home on Monday. On Tuesday morning, she went to take a bath and when she did not come out even after a couple of hours, family members broke open the door and saw her hanging from the ceiling with a saree.“We have registered a UDR (unnatural death report) and are conducting preliminary investigations. Both the families including that of her husband’s claim that there were no issues,” an official of the Betageri Extension police station said while speaking to HT.“Her body has been shifted to the district… Read full this story
- Robber punches 74-year-old woman and threatens to kill husband
- Woman who married herself gets divorced so she can wed her ex
- Woman aged just 21 dies after walking in front of train
- Fundraiser for woman who spent £93 on date raises nearly £800
- Women aged just 21 dies after walking in front of train
- Heartfelt tributes to Kayleigh, 21, who 'had a heart of gold'
- Missing for 5 years: Remains believed to be Taipa woman
- Woman fuming as firm calls 999 after she gets angry on phone
- E.ON calls 999 over fears angry customer might be suicidal
- Staffordshire woman, 21, dies after walking in front of train
21-yr-old woman commits suicide 2 days after wedding in Karnataka’s Gadag: Cops have 301 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at April 29, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.