- Việt Nam denies entry from UK and Schengen countries over COVID-19, starting March 15
- Corona-viral Vietnam: Episode 4
- British COVID-19 patients test negative after week of treatment
- More than 3,000 business households in Hà Nội dissolved or suspended due to Covid-19
- Việt Nam shares experience in combating COVID-19 with Canada
HÀ NỘI — The Ministry of Health has confirmed that a 29-year old Vietnamese woman tested positive for COVID-19, raising the total number of infection cases in Việt Nam to 35 on Wednesday.
The newest patient is a salesperson at a Điện Máy Xanh electronics supermarket in Hải Châu District, central Đà Nẵng City.
At around 6-7pm on March 4, she had direct contact with two British people at a supermarket, who later tested positive for COVID-19, according to the health ministry.
The two British nationals arrived in Việt Nam from the UK on March 2 and they are among 10 British passengers who tested positive for the virus.
Early Wednesday morning, laboratory results from the Pasteur Institute of Nha Trang and the Đà Nẵng Centre for Disease Control and prevention were revealed, confirming the 35th patient tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
Currently, the infected patients are being treated in isolation at the Đà Nẵng Hospital.
As of 7am Wedensday, more than 118,493 COVID-19 patients had been reported in 104 countries and territories around the world. China had 80,756 patients in all of its 31 provinces and cities. More than 4,261 fatalities had been reported worldwide, with 3,136 in China, according to the Ministry of Health — VNS
- Việt Nam confirms three more COVID-19 patients, total hits 265
- Việt Nam sends Indonesia 500 COVID-19 test kits
- Ministry of Health confirms six new COVID-19 cases, total at 218
- Italy thanks Việt Nam for support in COVID-19 fight
- South Sudan confirms its fourth Covid-19 case
- Nigeria confirms additional 11 COVID-19 cases in Lagos as total hits 373
Việt Nam confirms 35th case of COVID-19 have 344 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 11, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.