BEIJING, March 29 (Xinhua) — Two players of China’s women’s ice hockey team tested positive for COVID-19 after flying back home from the United States, the Chinese Ice Hockey Association announced in a statement on Sunday.
According to the statement, the team was training in the U.S. to prepare for the world championships in Poland originally scheduled in March, but the tournament was cancelled due to the coronavirus.
“With the pandemic surging in the U.S., the team returned home on March 13 and none of its 11 members had a fever when their body temperature was checked upon landing. Then they were put in quarantine for 14 days as required and two of them were test positive at the end of the quarantine period,” the statement read.
“Now the two infected players are receiving medical treatment in a designated hospital, both feeling well with mild symptoms. The rest of the team are healthy and will receive further medical observation under quarantine,” it added.
As part of the training plan, the team participated in the Junior Women’s Hockey League (JWHL) Challenge Cup at Kettler Capitals Iceplex, Washington from February 14 to 18.
- NHL 16 is announced, old modes returning
- EA wants fun in "every single position on the ice" in NHL 16
- In-Depth: No Female Heroes At Activision?
- IEM Katowice and the fall of Chinese LoL
- Opinion: Some Hows And Whys Of Usability Testing
- Net cafes falling out of favor among Chinese players
- Crusader Kings 2: Rajas of India out next week, alongside giant update for all players
- Interview: The Return Of... StarForce?
- Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture Devs Address Criticisms of Slow Player Speed; Reveals There is a Run Button
- ‘Kirby’s Return to Dream Land’ Review
- 67% of US Homes have console or PC for gaming
- Overwatch’s PC Public Test Region Gives Buffs to D.Va, Zenyatta, and More in Latest Updates
- Deaf, hard-of-hearing students perform first test of sign language by cell phone
- PRODUCT REVIEW Roku's Netflix Player: Nifty Box but Not Much Worth Watching
- The Lightning Returns/Final Fantasy XIV Crossover is Perfectly Fine, Please Stop Overreacting
- NHL 15 revealed, teaser and next-gen details released
- Sony A9: Our first take
- How two Cities: Skylines modders turned hobbyist work into life-changing careers
- ‘Dragon Age Inquisition’: High Dragon Hunting Guide & Locations
- NHL 17
Two Chinese female ice hockey players test positive for COVID-19 after returning home from U.S. have 368 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.