Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan assuring that the government has the coronavirus crisis under control, is like the Titanic captain telling passengers not to panic as his ship was unsinkable.
Mr. Gandhi’s remarks came after Mr. Vardhan’s assurance that the government is taking all necessary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus disease) in India.
“The health minister saying that the Indian government has the coronavirus crisis under control, is like the Captain of the Titanic telling passengers not to panic as his ship was unsinkable,” Mr. Gandhi said in a tweet.
“It’s time the government made public an action plan backed by solid resources to tackle this crisis,” he said.
The number of coronavirus cases in India is 29, including 16 Italians, the government had said on Wednesday, adding all international passengers will now be screened at airports, amid growing concern over the spread of the respiratory infection.
- BMC workers to get 14 days off in a month to protect them from COVID-19
- COVID 19: 30 vehicles loaded with passengers intercepted at Enugu-Benue border
- How the Indian Railways is reinventing itself in the time of COVID-19
- News updates from Hindustan Times: Govt issues advisory for media professionals amid Covid-19 outbreak and all the latest news
- Capital reports 110 new COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths
- Western Railway employee posted in Mumbai Central station tests positive for COVID-19
Rahul likens govt’s assurance on COVID-19 to Titanic captain telling passengers not to panic have 227 words, post on www.thehindu.com at March 5, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.