If you’re headed on vacation, especially with the family, how can you keep kids safe, healthy and comfortable on your trip?
Parenting and lifestyle expert Amanda Mushro says there are some gadgets, gizmos, tips, tricks and toys you may want to look into.
One way to keep kids safe in the car is the WhizRider, a portable child restraint system. It’s especially helpful if you’re taking a ride share or driving a rental car and can’t bring a car seat or booster.
For toddlers, there’s a Dolce backpack that comes with a neck support and toy.
Traveling can be stressful for children, so to help comfort them and keep them calm, try Cloud b’s Blankie Buddies. Each cuddly stuffed animal has a kid-sized blanket inside. You can put the blanket inside the stuffed animal while kids are playing and take it out for nap time.
If you don’t want kids to be glued to their screens for hours while traveling, try Magformers. Kids can create 3-D structures from 2-D nets.
To engage kids of all ages during long rides, check out How Do You See the World from Authentic Agility Games. The card game asks players to answer questions like “what is your most cherished memory?” and “who do you want to be?”
A classic deck of playing cards also offers a great way to pass the time.
For more lifestyle tips, visit amandamushro.com.
- How parenting expert Dr Karp is helping new-borns to nod off by themselves
- How To Keep Your Kids Safe In The Heat As Met Office Issues Amber Warning
- Worrying video shows toddler, 2, easily clambering up ‘un-climbable’ swimming pool ladder that’s designed to keep kids safe
- Tips on booking your dream vacation with a baby
- 7 expert beauty tips to get your perfect wedding look
- 10 tips for keeping your kids safe around water this summer
- The Top Of The Slide: A Parenting Journey
- 67 things to do with the kids this summer holiday in and around Derbyshire
- Cook up some fun... and teach your children all about healthy eating too
- Nine secret tips for handling a badly behaved child
- Understanding Could Safeguard Kids On Social Media
- How I Told My Kids About My Depression: 'You Can't Hide It, They Pick Up More Than You Know'
- Help! Our kids are doing exams, but we’re the ones feeling the stress
- How (Not) To Discipline Your Kids
- Things to do with the kids this summer holiday in and around Derbyshire
- Parents spend a staggering amount on playdates for their children and their friends each year
- Avoid being taken for a ride with these tips to pay less for holiday car hire — plus win your food shop for a year
- 'If You Intercourse Longer, Is The Baby Born Bigger?' The Intriguing Sex Education Questions Kids Ask
- How To Choose The Best Suncream For Kids And Babies
- Parents warned about new Peppa Pig WhatsApp scam
Parenting Expert Offers Tips On How To Keep Kids Safe, Healthy & Comfortable On Vacation have 502 words, post on newyork.cbslocal.com at March 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.