BEIRUT, March 10 (Xinhua) — The Uruguayan ambassador to Lebanon said on Tuesday that Lebanon is only a few steps away from signing a free trade agreement with Mercosur countries, a local media outlet reported.
“Lebanon has a great opportunity to export its agro-products to Mercosur countries since its weather is different from that in these countries,” Luis Ricardo Nario Fagundez said during his meeting with Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab, according to Elnashra, an online independent newspaper.
Lebanon’s participation in the agreement would also boost its industry sector, Fagundez added.
Mercosur countries are characterized by their big number of population which would constitute promising markets for Lebanon, the ambassador noted.
Mercosur, formally known as Southern Common Market, is a South American trade bloc of Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay.
- Turkey hopes to sign free trade deal with Japan by 2019, minister says
- How special migration rules in free trade deals work
- Canada and US reach free trade deal with Mexico
- Donald Trump and ‘friend’ Theresa May plot ‘big and ambitious’ Brexit free trade deal
- US, Colombia Work to Fully Implement 2012 Free-Trade Deal
- China and UK agree to work towards free trade deal
- Trudeau and Trump Agreed to Keep in Close Touch, Move Trade Deal Forward
- EEU, Egypt to commence talks on free trade deal
- UK consumers could be forced to accept insects, mould and rat hair in food as part of post-Brexit trade deal
- UK-China Free Trade Prospects After Brexit Raise Questions – Scholar
- Britain's Brexit trade deal with Beijing put at risk by South China Sea 'provocation', state media warns
- US Pressures EU for Quick Progress on Trade Deal
- 'Moving into the heart of negotiations' for Africa's free trade agreement
- A lot on the line for Michigan in new trade deal
- US and Canada agree 'modernised' trade deal to replace Nafta
- Donald Trump hails ‘biggest ever’ £800bn trade deal with Canada and Mexico after slamming ‘worst ever Nafta deal’
- US Mulls 'Poison Pill' to Counter China in Future Trade Deals
- Editorial: It's not bad that the UK has secured post-Brexit trade deals in Africa; it just doesn't make much sense
- Northern Ireland `facing exclusion from future trade deals' after Brexit
- Trump Delivers Speech on New Trade Deal With Mexico, Canada
Lebanon close to signing free trade deal with Mercosur countries: ambassador have 353 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 11, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.