JD Sports has become the latest store chain to stop paying rent to its landlords as the high street lockdown has a devastating impact on fashion retailers. JD confirmed that it had not paid the quarterly rent for its 390 UK stores which was due last week. The retailer is understood to be in discussions with its landlords about the next bill, which is due in June. Last week, the value fashion chain Primark refused to pay £33m in rent after the closure of its UK stores due to the coronavirus outbreak. The Swedish fashion retailer H&M is also pushing for waivers on its rent and service charge bill. The sportswear giant’s stores in the UK, mainland Europe and the US all shut last week. In an update to investors it warned the shutdown would have a “significant impact” on its financial outlook. JD Sports has been one the industry’s biggest success stories of recent years. It was promoted to the FTSE 100 in 2019 as it rode the success of the “athleisure” boom which has turned trainers and hoodies into big business. The decision to withhold rent, first reported by industry magazine Retail Week, will come as a blow… Read full this story
- Stop Paying Rent and Build Equity in Real Estate
- If Your Landlord is in Foreclosure, Do You Still Need to Pay Rent?
- Stop Paying Unreasonable Child Support
- Can't Pay Rent - 4 Tips on What You Should Do Now
- Stop Paying Expensive Monthly Cable Bills! Get PC Satellite TV
- Is it Time to Make a Stand and Stop Paying Bills?
- Stop Paying Your Credit Card Bills - Good or Bad
- How Long Will You Continue to Pay Your Landlords Connecticut Mortgage Payment
- Watch Satellite TV on PC For Free - Stop Paying Your Monthly Cable Charges
- Cable TV on PC - Stop Paying Those Ridiculous Cable Bills
JD Sports stops paying rent to landlords have 312 words, post on www.theguardian.com at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.