Major General Hossein Salami, Chief Commander of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), has urged the US to use its military for domestic purposes instead of sending it abroad. “When the Americans are in the region, they will both harm themselves and the nations [in the region], and their existence results in nothing but the deterioration of their own power and damage to these nations”, Salami pointed out on Saturday. He referred to an IRGC missile attack on a US airbase in January, saying that some US officials announced after the strike that they “wanted to carry out limited operations against the Iranians, which was no more than a political bluff”. Salami noted that after Washington “tested the power” of the Islamic Republic, the US “knows very well how Iran will react to any efforts to undermine it”. He called on US officials to “really care about the lives of their people in New York and the states involved with coronavirus rather than thinking about Hollywood scenarios and killing people in Iraq”. “Instead of deploying their troops around the world to displace people, it is better to keep their army in the United States to solve the problems of its… Read full this story
- Middle East Chessboard: How Iran, Turkey and Qatar Can Counterbalance Emerging Israeli-Gulf 'Bloc'
- Will a Joe Biden Victory Be Enough to Stave Off Conflict Between the U.S. and Iran?
- Iran Security Chief Warns US Forces Seeking Military Adventurism Will Be ‘Sent to the Cemetery'
- Hackers Planted Trump Smears—and Pro-Iran Trolls Spread Them
- IRGC Weighs in on US Vote, Says ‘US Hostility Toward Iran’ Unchanging Whether GOP, Dems in Office
- Top Iranian Military Commander Warns US Against Using Regional Proxies to Confront Tehran
- PS5 review: Exclusive games power Sony's sky-high space-age console
- Giants’ Mauricio Dubón faces higher expectations in 2021, power included
- FMIA Week 8: Steelers Stay Perfect, Sit Atop Midseason Power Rankings
- US seizes Iranian government domains masked as legitimate news outlets
IRGC Сhief Warns US Not ‘to Test the Power’ of Iran Anymore have 320 words, post on sputniknews.com at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.