The family of the second person to die in the UK after testing positive for coronavirus have paid tribute to the ‘wonderful husband, dad, granddad and great-granddad’ and described the ‘nightmare’ of having to self-isolate themselves, unable to grieve as they would wish to or to arrange a funeral. The man died at Milton Keynes Hospital after he was admitted on March 3 with suspected pneumonia having recently returned from a Caribbean cruise where he had visited several countries. His cause of death is believed to be asphyxiation after he took off his oxygen mask. A statement said: ‘We as a family have lost a truly loving and wonderful person and are trying to come to terms with this. He was 83-years-old and a wonderful husband, dad, grandad and great-grandad who would go to any lengths to support and protect his family. ‘We can confirm that he was admitted to hospital on Monday and after observations the decision was made to remove him from the ward as a precaution to carry out more intensive tests. ‘On Thursday evening it was confirmed that our loved one tested positive for coronavirus. He passed away shortly after being advised that he tested positive,… Read full this story
- Conor McGregor pays tribute to his late aunt as he confirms she did NOT die of coronavirus after venting his fury at 'stupid' disease
- Donald Trump pays tribute to passengers of United flight 93 who 'took charge and changed the course of history forever' by overpowering hijackers before jet reached Washington at ceremony in Shanksville - as Pence and Biden mourn in NYC
- Bobby Ball dead at 76: Tommy Cannon and Les Dennis pay tribute after Cannon and Ball star passes away from coronavirus
- Birmingham stabbings: Family of victim, 23, pay tribute to ‘light of our life’ after he died in 90-min knife rampage
- Keeping them laughing until the end: Bobby Ball was still filming until weeks before his death aged 76 after positive Covid test, as co-star Lee Mack pays tribute to his 'hero' and devastated Tommy Cannon says: 'Rock on, my good friend'
- Daily UK Covid deaths above 300 for second day running as cases rise by 24,701
- Mum found next to starving son died 'over piece of paper', says angry sister in tribute
- Heavenly thanks! Boris Johnson claps for carers from steps of Downing Street after NHS workers saved his life during coronavirus battle - as rainbows break through clouds while millions cheer on doorsteps across UK
- 'It's every family's worst nightmare': Family of Birmingham stab victim, 23, who is fighting for his life speak out after rampaging knifeman killed one and injured six others
- First Brit known to have caught Covid dies aged 26 after ‘months of hardship’, heartbroken mum reveals
Heartbroken family of the second coronavirus victim to die in the UK pay tribute to a 'wonderful great-granddad' as they reveal their 'nightmare' at not being able to arrange his funeral because they are in isolation have 442 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 7, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.