Volunteers could be paid £3,500 to be infected with the coronavirus as scientists race to find a vaccine. The Queen Mary BioEnterprises Innovation Centre, London, is recruiting 24 people for the study. They will be injected with two weaker strains of the deadly virus – which has killed more than 3,800 people worldwide – giving them similar respiratory symptoms. A jab developed by the company Hvivo will then be tested. Patients will remain in quarantine for two weeks to see if it is successful. Some 35 other vaccines are in development, and the UK government has promised an extra £46million in the fight against coronavirus. However, experts have said a vaccine is unlikely to be approved in time to halt the current epidemic, which has so far seen more than 110,00 people across the globe fall ill with COVID-19. Volunteers can be paid £3,500 to be infected with coronavirus in a study at The Queen Mary BioEnterprises Innovation Centre in Whitechapel Scientists will recruit 24 members of the public for the study which will involve being infected with two weaker strains of coronavirus, followed by a vaccine developed by the company Hvivo (stock) The UK government has promised an extra £46million in the… Read full this story
- My mysterious New Year’s illness was an infection which led to deadly sepsis and turned my toes black
- Researchers analyze the oldest known measles sample taken from the lungs of a girl who died in 1912, leading to new theory that the deadly virus first emerged in large as early as 300 BC
- Small, handheld device called 'VIRRION' can be used to capture and identify viruses
- Sars: The people who risked their lives to stop the virus
- New single vaccine can protect against deadliest respiratory diseases: Aussie scientists
- 2019 was a year of deadly health crises; these were some of the worst outbreaks
- Body Tourists by Jane Rogers review – holidays for dead souls
- HEALTH QUIZ: From Shirley Ballas’s surgery to vegan sausage rolls, how much of 2019 do YOU remember?
- Couple whose 10-year-old son contracted HIV and died after being given contaminated blood say they hope inquiry into 'worst treatment scandal in NHS history' will bring them justice
- Top 10 scientific-technological events in Vietnam in 2019
Get PAID to have coronavirus: Scientists in London will pay volunteers £3,500 to be infected in experiments to develop a vaccine for the deadly virus have 353 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 9, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.