President Donald Trump repeated his claims that there may be massive thefts of masks in New York hospitals, without providing evidence or the source of his information. At a White House press briefing Monday, Trump doubled down on the explosive charge, which he first launched Sunday. ‘I expressed what was told to me by a tremendous power in the business,’ Trump said, without naming the source, who he said told him of a dramatic jump in requests that didn’t add up. ‘How do you go from 10 to 300,000, and this is very serious stuff,’ Trump said. ‘I mean I could see going from 10 to 20 or 10 to 40 or 50 or something,’ he continued. He said he reported the information to New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, and put forward his own theories. New York officials say no such phenomenon is taking place, and cite the urgent need for equipment amid the coronavirus outbreak. President Donald Trump speaks about the coronavirus in the Rose Garden of the White House, Monday, March 30, 2020, in Washington, where he again floated his theory about thousands of stolen medical masks ‘Is it going out the back door? Let the city… Read full this story
- Republicans plan to recruit 50,000 volunteer snoopers to check for 'voting fraud' on Election Day in bid to bolster Donald Trump's claims Democrats will 'cheat'
- 'A lapdog of the US': Chinese state media claims Donald Trump 'coerced' Scott Morrison into calling for a coronavirus inquiry and says Australia is only harming its own interests
- Donald Trump Is Doing Putin's Work in Ruining U.S. Alliances, Says Ex-Envoy to Moscow
- Virginia nurse takes to the seas to lend hand in New York
- Andrew Cuomo meets Donald Trump in the Oval Office for talks on testing and says Navy can take back hospital ship Comfort during 'functional effective' meeting - but two did NOT pose for press photos
- Donald Trump's WHO Letter About China Explained: An Annotated Timeline
- Donald Trump REFUSES to say what laws Michigan is breaking by sending mail-in ballot applications despite threatening to stop federal funding for state as it faces flooding disaster from overwhelmed dams
- Michael Cohen is free: Donald Trump’s disgraced fixer returns home to serve the rest of his three-year sentence for illegally paying Stormy Daniels – and to finish tell-all book about his former boss
- Donald Trump-endorsed drug hydroxychloroquine RAISES risk of death for Covid-19 patients and does not combat the disease, reveals major study of 100,000 infected patients
- Donald Trump Jr.'s doing what he always does: The vilest dirty work of his dad's political campaigns
Donald Trump doubles down on his claim masks are 'going out the back door' of shortage-hit hospitals in New York saying he has 'reported' his allegation to the city's mayor have 425 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 31, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.