THE Deputy Chief Medical Officer for England has said the UK coronavirus death rate will get progessively ‘worse’ in the next two weeks. At today’s press briefing Dr Jenny Harries revealed her predictions after Covid-19 related deaths in the UK increased by 209, with the total now standing at 1,228. Dr Harries went on to say the lockdown would be “reviewed” after three weeks but that it would be “quite dangerous” for things to return to normal after that. Today, the coronavirus briefing was hosted by Robert Jenrick, the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government. He previously spoke at the conference last Sunday, alongside the Prime Minister and Dr Harries. Follow our coronavirus live blog for all the latest news and updates.Brittany Vonow4 weeks ago30th March 2020’LIKE GOD’ AN NHS doctor has revealed that she is “forced to play God” in the battle to save patients amid the coronavirus outbreak. The anonymous doctor, based at a major London hospital, also described the strain that equipment shortages and a “never-ending” flow of new cases are now placing on medics. Have a read of her heartbreaking experiences here. Brittany Vonow4 weeks ago30th March 2020NOT SO EASY EasyJet has grounded its… Read full this story
- Coronavirus UK: Medic in hazmat suit escorts Birmingham man into ambulance
- Philippines records first coronavirus death outside China where total killed rises by 45 in just 24 HOURS - bringing toll to 304 with infections at 14,380
- Coronavirus UK map – where have cases been confirmed?
- Coronavirus UK tracker – where have cases been confirmed?
- Coronavirus Outbreak LIVE: China Death Toll Rises to 304; 2nd AI Flight from Wuhan to Reach Delhi Soon
- Coronavirus – UK-based teacher ‘fears she’ll die’ after contracting disease and is stuck on Wuhan isolation ward
- Coronavirus patients contagious for weeks BEFORE symptoms show as docs warn average victim infects at least two others
- 'We are facing an unprecedented health threat': CDC say its coronavirus test may FAIL as cases of the illness declared a global health crisis surge by 26% in 24 hours
- IFS: Growth in UK living standards worst in 60 years
- Botched cosmetic filler ops DOUBLE in just a year – as docs warn it’s ‘tip of the iceberg’
Coronavirus UK LIVE: Top doc warns death rate to ‘worsen’ in TWO weeks after Covid-19 fatalities rise by 209 in 24 hours have 357 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.