The UK’s coronavirus testing confusion deepened today after a Government official revealed samples will have to be sent in the post and results will not be instant. For weeks Britons have been told that a home-screening kit which can diagnose people within a matter of minutes was in the pipeline. But Professor Yvonne Doyle, medical director at Public Health England, revealed today samples will need to be sent to a lab and analysed by specialists – a process that could take as long as a day. It came after England’s Chief Medical Officers Chris Whitty shot down claims by PHE that 3.5million home-testing kits would be available in Boots ‘within days’. He said the devices were still ‘a few weeks’ from being ready and warned the ‘one thing worse than no test is a bad test’ – incorrect results could lead to Britons unknowingly spreading the virus. Experts described the row among senior health chiefs as ‘a nightmare’ and urged the Government to work together on sending clear messages. Meanwhile two British firms leading the race to develop tests for the UK say they still haven’t received orders to make any – despite the Government’s promise to have 3.5million ready by the end… Read full this story
- The Truth Behind Male Enhancement Free Samples
- Tainted Blood Thinner Revealed Inadequacies of FDA Oversight
- A Simple and Powerful Way to Bet Against the Government (Part One)
- Prostate Issues - What to Expect at Doctor Visits
- Jamal Khashoggi: All you need to know about Saudi journalist's death
- Fab Five Workout Tips For Brides to Be
- How to Find Your First Job As an Attorney
- The Takeout's
- It's a Gluten Thing
- Do You Really Need Supplemental Omega 3?
Coronavirus testing 'nightmare' deepens as Government official says Brits will have to POST their blood samples – and not get a result within 10 minutes have 276 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.