An app tracking people’s coronavirus symptoms in their own homes has revealed that more than 6.6million people in the UK could have had the infection already. The COVID Symptom Tracker, created by scientists at King’s College London, was downloaded around 650,000 times in the first 24 hours after it launched on Tuesday. By today it had been signed up to by 1.25million people and has become the third most popular download in the UK’s App Store, with some 50,000 new users per hour. Analysis of the first 650,000 users found that 10 per cent of them have had the symptoms of the coronavirus, which causes fever, coughing and tiredness. Health authorities in the UK aren’t testing anyone for the virus unless they’re in hospital so the app could be one of the clearest pictures of how many people are ill. If its infection rate of one in every 10 people is applied to the UK’s population of 66million, that could mean 6.6m or more have already had the illness which has sent the world into hiding. The early results from the app come amid a row in Britain over a lack of widespread testing and demand that NHS workers, at… Read full this story
- Medicines taken by 6.6million people with high blood pressure and diabetes could raise the risk of deadly coronavirus symptoms, scientists claim
- Medication taken by at least 1.3million Australians with high blood pressure and diabetes could raise the risk of coronavirus symptoms, scientists claim
- Top adviser to Iran’s Khamenei quarantined with coronavirus symptoms: Reports
- Coronavirus symptoms: How long is the incubation period of the virus?
- High blood pressure and diabetes medication taken by 13 million Americans could raise the risk of serious coronavirus symptoms, scientists say
- The TRUTH about Bali and coronavirus: Indonesia's claims the party island is virus free are probably CORRECT - experts say
- Italians with coronavirus symptoms who refuse to isolate could face 21 years in prison for 'malicious murder' as bars and shops are closed and last tourists leave before flights are banned
- Coronavirus live tracker: Killer virus reaches UK - how far has it spread?
- Coronavirus symptoms: From sore throat to cough and fever – how to tell if it’s NOT cold or flu, according to NHS
- Coronavirus test clinics overrun with people, patients waiting three hours to be seen and a help hotline that's CRASHED: Inside Australia's 'shambolic' response to those with virus symptoms
Coronavirus symptom tracker claims up to 6.6MILLION people in Britain may already have the life-threatening infection have 395 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.