THE world is fighting to nullify the threat of coronavirus – and the sporting calendar has been ravaged in the process. Having originated in Wuhan, China, governments have taken extreme measures to halt the spread of the bug – and that includes bans on mass gatherings. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates Sporting events have therefore been shelved around the world, with more seemingly to follow.What sporting events have been cancelled so far? Olympics Tokyo 2020 announced on March 24 that it would postpone until next year, despite attempting to continue with preparations. The IOC had been reluctant to call off the July event, which would have seen over 200 nations head for the Japanese capital. But the country’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and IOC President Thomas Bach confirmed they would reschedule for it to take place in 12 months’ time.F1 Formula One was among the first to react in sport, as it cancelled the Chinese Grand Prix – held in Shanghai – on February 12. The race is not due until April 19, but with the virus continuing to spread, it was not in the interest of safety to retain it at that… Read full this story
- Gwion Edwards nearly fulfilled his Premier League dream with Swansea... now he returns with Ipswich
- O'Neill says Northern Ireland's Euro 2020 group with Netherlands and Germany 'possibly the worst we could have got'
- Euro 2020 qualifying draw LIVE: Updates as Northern Ireland and the Republic discover their fate
- Chelsea close in on big double signing while Manchester United agree terms with top target: Premier League transfer rumours
- A Guide to an English Premier League Match Experience
- Man United loses 2-0 at West Ham in Premier League
- Oran Kearney makes ex Premier League star his first St Mirren signing
- Chelsea's world record deal all but done as Liverpool line up World Cup star: Premier League transfer rumours
- Medical awaits as Norwich City star is on the verge of Premier League switch
- How Climbers Will Be Chosen for the 2020 Olympics
Coronavirus sport cancellations: Full list of postponements as Premier League, Euro 2020, and Olympics cancelled have 331 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.