On March 11, the Government of India issued a revised travel advisory, cancelling all visas till April 15 and making it clear that Indian nationals returning to the country from affected countries would be quarantined for 14 days. England was among the most-affected by coronavirus outbreak, which has caused many deaths across the world. “When the travel advisory came on March 11 night, the next morning national coach Pullela Gopichand had told us that ‘this has come so let’s not play this match and go back, what do you say?'” Sindhu’s father PV Ramana was quoted as saying in PTI news agency. “Only Sindhu, Lakshya (Sen) and Sikki (Reddy) and Ashwini (Ponnappa) were there in second round. We decided to stay back and play. The reason was when we’re already here so one more day won’t make any difference,” he added. The opening day had just got over and only Sindhu, Lakshya and women’s doubles combination of Reddy and Ponnappa were still in fray after Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap, and B Sai Praneeth fell at the first hurdle. All England Championship: Sindhu advances; Saina, Srikanth crash out While Lakhsya lost to Viktor Axelsen in the second round, Sindhu entered the… Read full this story
- Europe's Most Significant Sporting Events in 2009
- Brady and New England Patriots Are on Track For a "Perfect Season" in 2009
- Championship Video Gaming
- Visit London's Top 5 Sporting Venues
- V8 Supercar Championships - Make Sure You Are Up to Speed!
- Football Betting - America's Favorite Sport
- A Guide to the Bars in London, England
- The Charlotte Bobcats Continue Leaping Towards Post-Season Play
- The FIA Decides the Formula One Championship on April 14
- Home Foreclosure Plan - Do I Play Defense Or Offense?
Coronavirus in sport: When PV Sindhu decided to play on in All England Championships have 280 words, post on www.mykhel.com at March 20, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.