Prime Minister Scott Morrison may look to introduce a ‘European-style’ nationwide lockdown to minimise the threat of COVID-19 as the deadly virus continues to spread. Mr Morrison met with the national cabinet of health officers and state leaders on Tuesday, and is expected to announce new measures on Wednesday. While it’s not known what these measures will include, Italy, Spain and France have all introduced policies forcing citizens to stay indoors to control the respiratory infection as cases soar past 187,000 globally. On Tuesday, Australians overseas were urged to return home as soon as possible and would-be holidaymakers told to ‘reconsider their need for travelling’. ‘If you’re already overseas and wish to return to Australia, we recommend you do so as soon as possible by commercial means,’ the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade said. Thousands of Australians speculated online the measure was a prelude to a complete closure of the borders in preparation for a total lockdown. Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt on Sunday said ‘all options are on the table’ for consideration, and Australia’s Chief Medical Officer Brendan Murphy agreed. If the government does announce a nationwide lockdown as parts of Europe have done, Australians will likely be confined to… Read full this story
- Small Business Marketing Ideas For Getting More New Clients
- Article Marketing For Small Business Owners - 7 Steps to Attract New Clients by Writing Articles
- Justin Trudeau, Canada prime minister, faces tough reelection fight
- From Grand Design to £3 million house of HORROR: Edward Short was so proud of his dream home project he invited in TV cameras, only for it to end in a building that looks like a North Korean missile bunker
- Money Marketing and Spirituality - The 7 Lessons Small Business Owners Need to Learn
- The Small Business Stimulus Package - YAY! Or NAY!
- Three Kinds of Skills the Small Business Owner Must Have in This Economy
- Therapy For Small Business Owners - The List of a Million Questions
- The 2009 Stimulus Package - What's in it For My Small Business?
- Why Do Banks Give My Small Business Credit If My Personal Credit is Horrible?
Confined to our homes, schools closed and small businesses in ruin: Prime Minister may announce tough new restrictions TODAY - so what will an Italy-style lockdown look like in Australia? have 353 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 17, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.