A CBS News producer has died after testing positive for the coronavirus. The media outlet announced the news that their colleague Maria Mercader had died on Sunday. The news comes just weeks after the network shutdown its New York City office, when at least six employees fell ill with COVID-19. The 54-year-old ‘network veteran’ died in a New York hospital, after fighting cancer and related illnesses for more than 20 years. Mercader had reportedly been on leave for an unrelated matter since the end of February. CBS tweeted: “Maria Mercader, our beloved CBS News colleague, died from COVID-19 on Sunday at age 54. ‘It’s nearly impossible to be someone EVERYONE loves, but Maria was.'””Even more than her talents as a journalist, we will miss her indomitable spirit,” said Susan Zirinsky, CBS News president and senior executive producer. “Maria was part of all of our lives. “Even when she was hospitalized — and she knew something was going on at CBS, she would call with counsel, encouragement, and would say ‘you can do this.’ Most read in US NewsPAY UPTrump says Harry & Meghan ‘must pay’ for their own security after California move’SHE GOT TOO CLOSE’Woman dies after being shoved by… Read full this story
- British hiker, 54, dies while climbing Everest on 'the adventure of a lifetime' shortly after his wife sent him a text saying 'be careful'
- Fox News departure: Catherine Herridge joins CBS News, saying 'facts matter'
- EA Closes Its Offices In Japan And Russia As Part Of Mass Layoffs
- Mumbo Jumbo closes Irvine office
- Zynga closing Japan office
- Medievil Remastered news dropping in “the next week or two,” says Sony
- Trion Worlds closing UK office
- Zynga closes three offices
- 2K Games closing NYC office
- Mortal Kombat X News Teased for Later This Week
CBS News producer, 54, dies from coronavirus weeks after the broadcaster closed its NY office have 297 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.