Sitting alone in her car, one of the most famous women in the world sobbed her heart out with her long brunette locks cascading down her face. Minutes later she marched into a beauty salon, sat in a chair and studied her reflection in the mirror. After remonstrating with the hairdresser, she grabbed a pair of clippers and quickly shaved her head completely bald. A crowd of 70 snappers who had followed her to the salon flashed their bulbs through the window, capturing the strained smile on the young woman’s face as her discarded hair piled up around her feet. Britney Spears’ rebellious head-shaving incident in 2007 was one of the seminal moments in Noughties pop culture. The pop princess had hit the self-destruct button after finding fame nine years previously with …Baby One More Time and was in the midst of a downward spiral into depression and alleged drug use as photo after photo showed her out partying looking sloppy-drunk while her young sons were at home with their dad. But why did she do it? Britney seemed to have everything – millions of dollars in the bank, hundreds of thousands of fans who loved her, and her boys… Read full this story
- Britney Spears' harrowing breakdown revisited: Head shaving, 'demons' and gurneys
- Read This: Will Britney Spears finally be allowed to live independently?
- Britney Spears' mother Lynne 'might challenge father Jamie requests to temporarily change conservatorship'
- Britney Spears' father Jamie requests to temporarily relinquish conservatorship... after facing accusations of assaulting grandson
- Britney Spears would have died during breakdown if it wasn’t for her dad says pal
- Britney Spears' father Jamie Spears officially relinquishes control of pop star's conservatorship... after accusations he assaulted grandson
- Britney Spears' poor posture is from 'self esteem problems' as she shares a series of stretches to make her 'stronger' with acroyoga video
- Britney Spears EXCLUSIVE: Troubled singer escapes to Hawaii for bikini break after her family life implodes and new conservator takes over
- Disturbing reason Britney Spears shaved head finally confirmed 12 years after breakdown
- Britney Spears' Hairdresser Recalls Moment She Decided to Shave Her Head
Britney Spears' head-shaving rebellion – and the harsh conservatorship she's lived under ever since have 350 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 16, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.