Bosch has created a coronavirus test and machine that gives results in two-and-a-half hours, removing the need to send samples to a laboratory. The results are 95 per cent accurate, according to the German manufacturer, better known for its washing machines and fridge freezers. Swabs from patients are placed into a special cartridge and put into the machine to automatically test for coronavirus, removing the need for a lab technician. Most swab tests – including ones used by the NHS – take up to 48 hours to produce a result because they are sent off to laboratories to be analysed by specialists. The Government has faced continuous criticism for its handling of testing in the UK – but defends its strategy to test only the most vulnerable in hospital. The 11,000 cases reported are just the tip of the iceberg, with the true toll likely to be in the hundreds of thousands. Bosch has created a coronavirus swab test and machine that gives results in less than three hours, removing the need to send samples to a laboratory A swab sample is taken from the nose or throat of the patients and placed in a cartridge. The cartridge is put… Read full this story
- Lung cancer: Blood test may lead to earlier, personalized treatment
- 10 keys to successful machine learning for developers
- I Tested Positive for Herpes—Now What?
- Home blood glucose test: How to test for diabetes at home
- Do You Need More Salt?
- 10+ priorities for testing critical systems
- Rapidly Diagnosing And Identifying MRSA From MSSA, FDA Clears First Test
- Stress-testing your network
- SolutionBase: Building an all-in-one test lab using Virtual PC 2004
- SolutionBase: Creating a Linux/Windows cross-platform desktop with Virtual PC
Bosch creates coronavirus swab test and machine that gives results in less than three hours - removing the need to send samples to a laboratory have 271 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 27, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.