Boris Johnson tried to cool a stockpiling frenzy today as he insisted Britain will not run out of food during a coronavirus outbreak. The PM said he had faith in the ability of the public to see the ‘balance of risk’ with the disease, and he hoped they would carry on with ‘business as usual’. Taking to the ITV This Morning sofa to reassure the country as the number of UK cases hit 90, Mr Johnson was asked if he could guarantee Britons will still be able to get food, and replied: ‘Yes.’ Mr Johnson stressed that the government was being guided by scientists on what is needed to limit the impact of a major outbreak. After the Chief Medical Officer said UK cases will keep rising and infections are now taking place between Britons, Mr Johnson said a ‘range of options’ were being considered for how to respond. He made clear that ‘draconian’ coronavirus measures such as closing schools and cancelling sports events are on the table – but they are not needed yet. But presenter Phillip Schofield pressed Mr Johnson to make sure the government gave full information, saying: ‘I need to know, at what point do I… Read full this story
- What does it take to run Dark Souls 3 at 1080p60?
- The Crew: Wild Run review
- Mobiles.co.uk Black Friday 2018: here’s where to find the top offers
- High School Girl Action Fighter Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae Getting Physical Release From Limited Run Games on PS4
- Skate 3 hitting UK retail on May 14
- GTA 5 DLC: Take-Two promises ‘interesting stuff’
- Tesla to Build Giant Battery in Australia Amid Energy Crisis
- Boris Johnson's sister calls him 'tasteless' and 'reprehensible'
- OPINION AMD, HP and How Crisis Can Drive Major Changes
- Take-Two Tells EA to Take a Hike
Boris Johnson takes to This Morning sofa to cool stockpiling frenzy: PM 'guarantees' UK won't run out of food amid coronavirus crisis as he tries to reassure Brits he is on top of crisis - but Phillip Schofield demands 'when do I tell my mum to stay home?' have 297 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 5, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.