Another 42 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Britain bringing the total number of infections to 206. It comes as an expert microbiologist warned the deadly coronavirus outbreak could peak at Easter and last for six months – with millions set to be infected. The latest jump in numbers marks the biggest surge in confirmed cases in a single day in Britain following an increase of 36 on Tuesday. Two people have died from the killer bug in Britain so far, a grandfather in his 80s in Milton Keynes and a woman in her 70s in Reading as 21,460 Britons rush to be tested. There are 29 confirmed cases in London, 24 in the south east, 22 in the south west and 21 in the north west. Public Health England officials are contacting people who had close contact with a coronavirus sufferer in Leicestershire who is one of the latest confirmed cases. Dr Fu-Meng Khaw, Centre Director at Public Health England East Midlands, said: ‘Close contacts will be given health advice about symptoms and emergency contact details to use if they become unwell in the 14 days after contact with the confirmed case. ‘This tried and tested method will ensure we are able to minimise any risk… Read full this story
- UK announces 473 more coronavirus deaths in hospitals - taking total number of COVID-19 victims to 26,570
- Coronavirus | Three new cases in Yemen brings total confirmed to 10
- Germany's coronavirus death rate is 10 TIMES lower than official figures show as scientists estimate the illness kills 0.37% of all cases - suggesting Britain has had 12MILLION infections
- Germany’s daily coronavirus cases fall following five days of rising infections after lockdown measures were eased taking total to 161,703
- UK announces another 358 coronavirus deaths bringing total fatalities to 28,491 as new hotspot map reveals swathes of Britain outside major cities that have had ZERO deaths
- Germany's new coronavirus cases are nearly in the hundreds for the first time in six weeks with just 1,018 infections recorded
- Russia Coronavirus Cases Pass 100,000 After Record Spike in Infections, Putin Warns Peak is Still Ahead
- Britain is one of five European countries NOT seeing a fast enough downward trend in coronavirus cases, EU warns
- How did Australia flatten its coronavirus curve? Country begins easing restrictions as infection rate continues to fall
- First coronavirus case on US warship the USS Kidd was only discovered a MONTH after it left port in Hawaii - so how long can the coronavirus quietly spread before anyone notices?
Another 42 coronavirus cases are confirmed in Britain bringing the total number of infections to 206 in the biggest daily increase yet - as leading microbiologist warns the outbreak could peak at Easter have 395 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 7, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.