Anyone who’s travelled on London Underground’s network will know them – the little black mice that scurry along the platforms and under the rails.Sam Rowley was so fascinated by these subterranean rodents, he spent a week down the tube trying to picture them.And one night, he captured an image of two of them literally battling over a morsel of food dropped by a passenger.That persistence to get the snap has won Sam the Wildlife Photographer of the Year LUMIX People’s Choice award. Yikes! Fox and rodent battle is top wildlife photo The ‘zombie fungus’ and the climbing dead Fans of the annual, internationally famous WPY competition were asked to rank some of the images that didn’t quite win its top prizes last October, but were nonetheless fabulous shots.Some 28,000 voted for Sam’s “Station Squabble” as their favourite in this “best of the rest” category. He spent late nights at a central London tube stop, down on his belly trying to get the perfect low-angle view. His two subjects had been foraging separately until they chanced across the same morsel of food. For a split second, they argued over who should have it before then going their separate ways. “I usually… Read full this story
- You will never look at 3 in 4 photos snapped on your phone leading to ‘staggering’ amount of camera roll clutter
- The Steam Awards show goes live at 6pm GMT
- The Steam Awards show was short and to the point
- Watch The Game Awards 2018 here – and here’s what to expect at the show
- Normal People FIRST LOOK: Sally Rooney's best-selling novel detailing Marianne and Connell's troubled love story is adapted into 12-part drama
- Guillermo Del Toro Gets Congratulated For His Academy Award By Hideo Kojima
- Metroid Prime 4 Gameplay Reveal Coming at The Game Awards 2018?
- Game Awards 2018 – what game announcements to expect, when to watch, and more
- WhatsApp will DELETE your messages, photos and videos after new update – here’s how to keep them safe
- The Glitchy Awards 2018: Fallout 76, PewDiePie, and the Biggest Flops and Controversies
Wildlife photos: Squabbling mice top 'people's poll' award have 345 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.