(Reuters) – British product quality testing firm Intertek Group Plc said on Sunday it had temporarily shut its Hong Kong Garment Centre in Kowloon from Feb. 11 for two weeks after an employee contracted the new coronavirus.
Intertek said the employee was under observation in hospital. Its operations in Chinese-ruled Hong Kong had resumed work on Jan. 29. after the Lunar New Year holiday.
“We have taken immediate action to minimize the impact on our customers’ business operations and communicated to them new temporary work arrangements,” the statement said.
Intertek said its business in mainland China and Taiwan resumed operations on Feb. 10 and Jan. 30, respectively.
Reporting by Rama Venkat in Bengaluru; Editing by Alison Williams
- Special Report: How murder, kidnappings and miscalculation set off Hong Kong’s revolt
- How to travel in Hong Kong amid protests
- 'Stand with Hong Kong at G20': Activists call on global leaders to confront China over controversial extradition bill in full-page newspaper ads around the world
- Hong Kong protesters issue demands, begin leaving university
- Hong Kong protesters defy ban to clash with police, hit with tear gas, water cannon
- Taiwanese President Reportedly Ordered Anti-Tank Missiles for Office in Case of Chinese Invasion
- Six foreign policy issues the UK's new PM will face
- UK watchdog warns of counterfeit medicine threat after record seizures
- Leading UK commercial property fund suspended
- Horrifying rise of 'mother of all snakeheads' behind gang hunted for deaths of 39 migrants
- News Daily: Queen's Speech and Trump impeached
- British man appears on Chinese TV accused of infringing privacy
- State-directed abductions are on the rise – and the Saudis are dark masters
- Police lockdown as Extinction Rebellion protester climbs Parliament walls and climate change group vows to target the Tube in new demos that will hit thousands of commuters
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 19
- Hack And Inject: Inside The Shady Global Trade In Website Links
- Digging Deeper | Trumping over the Chinese economy: The never-ending US China trade war
- Exclusive: A look at the first whistleblower's memo on the Trump-Ukraine call
- What an insult! Fury of jailed Marine's wife as military chiefs fob her off again with heavily censored report
- Impeachment of Trump voted top 2019 news story in AP poll
UK's Intertek temporarily shuts Hong Kong garment office over coronavirus case have 349 words, post on www.reuters.com at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.