Onur Dedeoglu, 39, will be sentenced in the Downing Centre District Court in April after a jury found him guilty yesterday of three charges and he was refused bail. During the trial before Judge Nicole Noman, Dedeoglu tried to argue that the 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, consented and suggested they have sex after he drove her and two other friends home in August 2018. However the prosecution successfully asserted the girl was passed out and she woke to Dedeoglu on top of her in the back seat. The girl drank six drinks at the Star Bar in Sydney’s CBD before catching an Uber back to the eastern suburbs with two male friends about 1.30am. Onur Dedeoglu, 37, raped a drunken teenager while working as an Uber driver.Source:News Corp Australia After dropping off the other passengers, Dedeoglu drove the girl to her house where he found she had passed out in the back seat. He then drove to a carpark at Bondi Beach where he assaulted her. During his police interview and testimony in court, Dedeoglu claimed she had insisted they go to his house before they agreed to go to the beach. He had repeatedly claimed… Read full this story
- Uber driver charged with raping California woman in car
- Rape victim sues Uber for digging into medical records
- Vietnam allows Uber, but under strict monitoring
- Uber investor sues to force former CEO Kalanick off board
- India to boost women taxi drivers, spurred by Uber rape claim
- 'Unfit' Uber stripped of London licence
- Uber stripped of London licence, CEO tweets 'pls work w/us'
- Uber files appeal against London ban
- SOCIETY IN BRIEF 26/5
- Your Say: Moto apps or the traditional xe ôm?
Uber driver guilty of raping NSW teenager have 277 words, post on www.news.com.au at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.