It is easy to imagine why Donald Trump might not enjoy Parasite, a film in which members of a desperate underclass attempt to improve their lot, toppling the glossy, flash lives of their rich employers. And last week, the 45th president indeed took two opportunities to pour scorn on the Bong Joon-ho hit, the first foreign language film to scoop the top prize at the Oscars. Addressing his supporters in Colorado, Trump asked: “What the hell was that all about?” and then randomly called for a return to awards for “so many great movies” of the past, such as Gone With the Wind or Sunset Boulevard. In Las Vegas on Friday, he took another run at the South Korean film, throwing in a fresh attack on Brad Pitt, who’s not in it, for good measure. But it turns out it is not the content of Parasite that Trump objects to. He hasn’t actually seen it. “Was it good? I don’t know,” he said in Colorado. If the US president simply wants a winner that sounds good to him, we can surely guess at his favourites. Certainly, Big, starring Tom Hanks, would be up there. Trump loves that word. Other eclectic… Read full this story
- White House Condemns Violent Parody Meme Video of Donald Trump Defeating Fake News
- Donald Trump Details Sanctions on Turkey in Response to Attacking Kurds
- Donald Trump Questions ‘Rumor’ of CNN’s Jeff Zucker Resigning
- Indiana Wages Are Rising amid Donald Trump’s ‘Hire American’ Immigration Policy
- Donald Trump Awards Donald Trump Trump's 20th Trump Golf Club Championship
- Martha Stewart was Better than Donald Trump
- Donald Trump Apprentice TV Series Teaches a Bad Lesson in Office Communication
- Donald Trump And Apprentice Out Of The Closet
- Howard Hughes & Donald Trump Made Fortunes Doing This Method & You Can To!
- Donald Trump Taunts Hunter Biden as He Leaves Board of Chinese Investment Firm
The Observer view on Donald Trump’s criticism of the film Parasite have 318 words, post on www.theguardian.com at February 23, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.