The Met Office has issued a red weather warning for prolonged periods of heavy rain in south Wales on Sunday until 11:00 GMT.The alert means there is a “danger to life” and it covers nine council areas including Neath Port Talbot.Natural Resources Wales has issued 76 flood warnings and two severe warnings, also meaning a danger to life.Homes and business have been flooded in several areas and residents have been evacuated. In pictures: Storm Dennis brings flooding to Wales on Sunday Storm Dennis: Live updates across the UK Flood fears as Storm Dennis continues to lash UK Gwent Police has advised residents in Skenfrith, Monmouthshire, to leave their homes due to flooding.In Rhondda Cynon Taff, Pontypridd and Taff’s Well have also been badly affected by floods with cars and streets under water.Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council has also set up “emergency centres” at Merthyr and Aberfan Leisure Centre for residents affected by the weather.And villagers in Tonna near Neath, were evacuated by bus on Sunday morning.Meanwhile, residents of Skenfrith are being advised to go to Abergavenny Leisure Centre.”Should residents refuse to leave they are advised to move to the upstairs of their property,” said Gwent Police in a statement.Natural Resources… Read full this story
- UK weather forecast: More than 200 flood warnings in place - is your area at risk?
- Flood warnings UK: Environment agency issue more than 250 warnings and alerts - MAP
- UK flood warnings: Flooding near me today MAPPED - are you affected by floods?
- Flash Flood Warning Passaic Bergen Counties NJ Rockland Westchester Hudson Valley
- Tourists visiting western Japan stranded amid flood warnings and canceled trains
- River tides reach flood warning level 3 in HCM City, Mekong Delta
- UK weather forecast: Yellow flood warning issued as huge downpours set to drown Britain
- UK weather: Met Office issues 150 flood warnings as Hurricane Lorenzo barrels towards UK
- Heavy rains flood streets, knock out power in New Orleans
- Monster storm system spawns tornadoes, blizzards, flooding
Storm Dennis: 'Danger to life' rain and flood warnings have 332 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.