Boris Johnson is facing a Parliamentary probe over his £15,000 Caribbean holiday after millionaire phone tycoon David Ross admitted he ’facilitated’ the PM’s stay in a luxury villa – but didn’t pay for it. Mr Johnson declared that his week-long stay on Mustique with his partner Carrie Symonds was a gift from Carphone Warehouse co-founder Mr Ross, who is a personal friend and Conservative Party donor worth an estimated £650million. The Prime Minister had listed the island trip as a ‘benefit in kind’ on the Commons register of interests, with the name of the donor put as ‘Mr David Ross’. But chaos broke out last night when a spokesman for Mr Ross insisted he was not the owner of the villa and had not paid for Mr Johnson’s stay. Asked about Mr Johnson’s declaration, the spokesman said: ‘I believe it is a mistake’. The spokesman then made a U-turn, insisting that ‘Mr Johnson’s declaration to the House of Commons is correct’ because ‘Mr Ross facilitated accommodation’. Labour’s Shadow Cabinet Office minister Jon Trickett has now asked the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards to launch an investigation to find out exactly who paid for the Prime Minister’s New Year break. Today the Prime Minister’s official spokesman said:… Read full this story
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Supreme showdown set for Kavanaugh, accuser; DOJ asked to probe John Kerry's 'shadow diplomacy'
- Feds: Did UAW presidents misspend union dues?
- A Carnival cruise in the South Pacific descended into a violent mess
- She was only 11, but her mom knew something was terribly wrong
- Is it playing dumb or the real thing on Kavanaugh and Ford
- 2018’s Most Powerful People in Residential Real Estate
- What Are The Facts Which Disprove the Official White House Position On 9/11?
- More of This Year's Scary Story Submissions
- He's the head coach of the Flyers, but no one knows who Dave Hakstol is
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Speculation over Trump administration shakeup; Trump to see Michael's carnage; A royal pregnancy
So who DID pay for Boris Johnson’s £15,000 Caribbean holiday? PM faces probe after phone tycoon David Ross admits he 'facilitated’ his stay in Mustique villa - but DIDN’T foot the bill have 326 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.