A mother-of-two who called a transgender woman a ‘pig in a wig’ has been convicted of sending offensive tweets as protestors assembled outside court. Kate Scottow, 39, was today found guilty of persistently making use of a public communications network to cause annoyance, inconvenience, and anxiety to Stephanie Hayden, 48, between September 2018 and last May. The ‘radical feminist’ was accused of deliberately ‘misgendering’ Ms Hayden by referring to her as ‘he’ or ‘him’ during a period of ‘significant online abuse’. Ms Scottow had been arrested by police officers last year at her home in Pirton near Hitchin, Hertfordshire, in front of her daughter, 10, and son, 20 months. Though Ms Scottow’s lawyer Diana Wilson claimed that Ms Hayden was a ‘serial complainant’ with past convictions, and had benefitted from an alleged police failure to investigate the case properly, the judge found Ms Scottow guilty. Kate Scottow (pictured) was today found guilty of persistently making use of a public communications network to cause annoyance, inconvenience, and anxiety to transgender woman Stephanie Hayden between September 2018 and last May District Judge Margaret Dodd told Ms Scottow that she made deliberate and persistent use of male pronouns, and had caused Ms Hayden… Read full this story
- Free Speech in the Era of Its Technological Amplification
- With Backpage.com Prosecution, Left Ties Online Free Speech to Transgender Prostitutes’ Rights
- Watch what you tweet: How online troll crackdowns threaten freedom of speech
- Protesters demonstrate outside Facebook HQ against ‘fake name’ policy
- Chinese dissident Wang Xiaoning freed 10 years after being convicted on Yahoo info
- Supreme Court: What happened in the suspension of Parliament case?
- Meet the pirate queen making academic papers free online
- The Latest: Israeli military sends aid to Gaza
- Kennedy cousin's murder conviction overturned, new trial ordered
- Chaos in West Virginia: Convict Blankenship Surges on Eve of GOP Primary with Anti-McConnell Message
Mother-of-two who called a transgender woman a 'pig in a wig' is convicted of sending offensive tweets as free speech campaigners protest outside court have 296 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 14, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.