Carmen Barahona, 69, appearing in court in 2011. She pleaded guilty to her adoptive daughter’s murder on Friday in a plea deal A Florida woman pleaded guilty Friday in the torture death of her adopted 10-year-old daughter nine years ago in a deal handing her a life prison sentence in exchange for testimony against her husband. Carmen Barahona, 69, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse charges in the death of Nubia Barahona. The girl’s body was found on February 14, 2011, soaked with chemicals and decomposing in the back of her father’s pesticide truck along Interstate 95 in Palm Beach County. The father, Jorge Barahona, 62, faces the death penalty if convicted in the girl’s death. Her twin brother, Victor, was also doused with chemicals but recovered and later told investigators about severe abuse in their Miami-area home. Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle said in a statement Friday that sentencing for Carmen Barahona will be deferred until she testifies against her husband as the agreement requires. ‘By allowing her to enter her guilty plea today and assist in the prosecution of her husband, we are one step closer to helping the surviving child victim in this… Read full this story
- REVEALED: Patrick Frazee was named on fiancée's life insurance policy, claimed she had a booze and drug problem, and lied by saying she had 'signed away her rights' to their daughter, witnesses testify
- Men Murder Women All The Time. So Why Are People Obsessed With Chris Watts?
- Parkland dad accuses school district of failing to protect students from deranged shooter Nikolas Cruz, despite having known of his obsession with guns and murder for years
- Patrick Frazee enters not guilty plea in front of packed courthouse including victim Kelsey Berreth's father, who sat in the front row to watch killer fiancé be arraigned on murder charges
- 'Oh she's not coming back:' What Patrick Frazee told ex-client after his fiancée's disappearance - as investigator tells murder trial a patch of soil on his ranch indicated a body in a plastic tote was burned there
- Jury sentences Bellaire cop killer to death
- Mom-of-five, 36, is charged with helping her ex-husband strangle to death the mother of his child, an Army veteran working as a pizza delivery woman, in 2012 over a custody dispute
- 'I would try to get a better deal': Alan Dershowitz DEFENDS former client Jeffrey Epstein and says he wishes the convicted pedophile had got a lighter sentence in addition to non-prosecution promise
- Ex-Palm Beach State Attorney accuses Alex Acosta of trying 'to rewrite history' and that he brokered a 'secret deal' with Jeffrey Epstein's lawyers after the Labor Secretary blamed state authorities for the pedophile's lenient sentence
- Chris Watts: New footage shows pregnant wife shortly before husband killed her
Mother, 69, accused of starving, torturing and murdering her adopted daughter agrees to testify against her husband under plea deal to avoid death penalty have 453 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.