The deadly coronavirus outbreak is the ‘worst enemy you can ever imagine’ and more of a threat to humanity than terrorism, the World Health Organisation warns. China hopes the killer virus, which has claimed more than 1,000 lives and struck down over 44,500 people, will be curbed by April. But WHO’s director general, Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus, said it could rumble on for more than a year and warned a vaccine could take at least 18 months to develop. He added: ‘To be honest, a virus is more powerful in creating political, social and economic upheaval than any terrorist attack. It’s the worst enemy you can imagine.’ Yesterday a top Hong Kong medical official predicted the coronavirus could infect more than 60 per cent of the global population if containment methods fail. Professor Gabriel Leung, chair of public health medicine in the city, said on Tuesday even if the coronavirus kills just 1 per cent of sufferers, it could still wipe out as many as 45million people. The deadly coronavirus outbreak is the ‘worst enemy you can ever imagine’, according to the World Health Organisation. Medics in hazmat suits transfer a patient into the isolation ward in a hospital in Wuhan Dr… Read full this story
- World Health Organization warns 'the worst is yet to come' in the Covid-19 pandemic because the global crisis is 'speeding up'
- Health agency warns Nigeria still at risk of wild polio virus
- BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump ‘terminates relationship’ with the World Health Organization and blames it for spread of 'Wuhan virus' as he accuses it of failing to make reforms
- Trump Announces U.S. Will End Support For World Health Organization During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Are short-sellers retail investors' worst enemy or best friend? It's been left to hedge funds to stop firms 'cooking the books', says ALEX SEBASTIAN
- Coronavirus patients stop being infectious after 11 days, says study
- Hundreds of scientists demand WHO recognise coronavirus is airborne in open letter
- New month-long lockdown for 300,000 Australians as guards patrol streets and residents warned bug here ‘for a long time’
- WHO warns coronavirus pandemic is getting worse amid scary new record
- The 8 myths that are fuelling coronavirus second wave, docs warn
Killer coronavirus is 'the worst enemy you can ever imagine' and may pose a greater global threat than terrorism, World Health Organisation warns have 352 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.