I wonder what the pedalo does as I slip into a waffle robe … I’m at Bellecell, a central London molecular-wellness clinic that offers “hyper-personalised science-based solutions to health” – this place could be a Bond villain’s laboratory on the moon. I am standing in a hushed, blue-lit underground brick tunnel with Kubrick-white furnishings and so many fascinating toys: EMS suits, laser IVs, and what looks like an exercise bike built into a love boat, with a vacuum for your legs. As distracting as these things are, I am here to try something specific: a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. I am fascinated by these things. Culturally, they have long been signifiers of megalomania, detachment and anxiety. Michael Jackson had one in his house, which isn’t a great recommendation. The Olympian swimmer Michael Phelps is another fan. But what do these chambers actually do? Do you have to be called Michael to use one? I climb into a plastic body bag in my hospital booties. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy involves breathing pure oxygen in a pressurised environment. The structure is a semi-circular cage with comfortable bedding, surrounded by thick plastic walls. Once I am inside, a technician inflates the bag. I am basically… Read full this story
- Police: Puppy stabbed during break-in 'getting lots of love'
- Kit Harington Entered Therapy Because Of Pressure Surrounding ‘Game Of Thrones’
- Google removes anti-gay ‘conversion therapy’ app after pressure from LGBT+ rights groups
- Google pulls "conversion therapy" app amid pressure from LGBTQ groups
- Trump at CPAC gets a lot of love, but here are two areas where he must do better
- I Think About This a Lot: Holiday Edition
- Rita Ora visits exclusive oxygen therapy clinic in Melbourne
- Love Island's Alex Miller defends producers over Mike Thalassitis death
- Olivia Attwood slams claims Love Island to blame for Mike Thalassitis' death
- Olivia Attwood claims Love Island 'saved her life'
Hyperbaric chamber therapy: I’m under a lot of pressure – and I love it! have 312 words, post on www.theguardian.com at February 25, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.