A couple who visited Hawaii was confirmed to have coronavirus when they returned home to Japan, Hawaii officials said Friday. Health officials were tracking down details about their travel in the Aloha State, including his flight information and people with whom he had close contact. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notified Hawaii about the man having the illness known as COVID-19 on Friday morning, Hawaii Health Director Bruce Anderson said. His wife had not yet been diagnosed. The couple was in Hawaii January 28 to February 7. They first visited the island of Maui, where neither person showed symptoms, Anderson said, but the man developed symptoms while on Oahu, the state’s most populated island, between February 3 and 7. He developed more serious symptoms when he returned to Japan, where he was tested and found to be positive for the illness, Anderson. He did not seek medical care in Hawaii, Anderson said. Because of when his symptoms began, officials believe he became infected in Japan or while in transit to Hawaii, said state epidemiologist Dr Sarah Park. On Saturday, the man’s wife was confirmed to have the virus as well, but did not show symptoms while… Read full this story
- Delta, American Airlines Suspend Flights Between US And China
- HCMC highly alert to novel coronavirus (CoV)
- Tony Abbott says airlines should tell passengers about routes over war zones
- Father of Cruise Ship Passenger Stranded by Coronavirus Fears Begs Trump for Help, Says She 'Needs Medical Attention'
- Kerala declares coronavirus a ‘state disaster’ as 3 test positive
- Coronavirus outbreak kills nearly 500; WHO says 'no known effective cure': Key points
- Indian Tourist Hotspot Kerala is Fighting Coronavirus Fallout - State Gov’t
- Hawaiian Airlines flight attendants voice coronavirus concerns, urge carrier to let them wear face masks
- You won't catch coronavirus from packages from China: Experts say the highly-contagious virus that's infected more than 17,000 people worldwide survives only a few hours on surfaces
- Vietnam Airlines supports bringing passengers home from Hong Kong
Hawaii on alert after Japanese couple with coronavirus visited the state as Delta and Hawaiian Airlines say more than 200 passengers may be at risk have 331 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 14, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.