Greta Thunberg is joining forces with the BBC for a new documentary series focusing on the 17-year-old as she balances her environmental work with being a teenager.
While a release date, title and episodes, are currently unavailable, BBC Studios announced plans for the project this Monday in Liverpool.
The series will see Thunberg continue her efforts across the globe to campaign for climate change efforts, while also dealing with autism, her school work, and her life balance.
BBC studios will create the series, but it's currently unknown when to expect it.
'To be able to do this with Greta is an extraordinary privilege, getting an inside view on what it's like being a global icon,' Rob Liddell said on the announcement (according to Deadline).
Over the past year, Greta Thunberg has become an international figurehead for the climate change crisis, ruffling the feathers of celebs including Jeremy Clarkson as she demands those in power do more to help relief efforts.
Results from some of the biggest political bigwigs in the world though have been divisive at best – with Donald Trump saying that his 'numbers on air are tremendous' (whatever that means) as they faced off at Switzerland's World Economic Forum in January.
But others including Prince Charles have praised the 'remarkable' young teen, and after meeting her he said: 'She represents one of the main reasons why I've been trying to make all this effort all these years because, as I said, I didn't want my grandchildren to accuse me of not doing something about this in time and of course there they are.
'All her generation, almost my grandchildren if you know what I mean, are all desperate because not nearly enough has happened – we've left it so late.'
Last week, it was announced that she had been nominated for this year's Nobel Peace Prize .
In 2019, she was among four people named as the winners of a Right Livelihood Award, also known as the Alternative Nobel, and was named Time magazine's Person of the Year.
The untitled documentary is yet to be given a release date.
Got a showbiz story?
- Kamala Harris tricked into climate phone call slamming Donald Trump by Russian Pranksters posing as Greta Thunberg
- Greta Thunberg (Remember Her?) Schedules Meeting with Angela Merkel
- Hulu Set To Board Cara Delevingne-Fronted BBC Three Documentary Series On Sexual Identity
- Greta Thunberg: Climate change 'as urgent' as coronavirus
- Greta Thunberg: What she did during her year-long school break
- Greta Thunberg's gap year is over - 17-year-old goes back to school after spending 12 months out of class
- Meghan Markle 'Honored' by Award for 'Vogue' Issue Featuring Greta Thunberg
- Idris Elba To Establish Experimental Boxing School In BBC Documentary Series ‘Idris Elba’s Fight School’
- Dirty John 2: Betty Broderick Story viewers confused as new Netflix series drops
- Donald Trump lawyers tried to stop BBC showing Scottish bullying film
- The 80 best Netflix series and TV shows to watch right now
- Dara Ó Briain slams BBC for Scarlett Moffatt's conspiracy theory podcast
- Joey Essex to open up on mum’s suicide when he was 10 in heartbreaking documentary
- What time is Reported Missing on BBC One tonight and what is the show about?
- The best tech documentaries of all time
- Punky Brewster star Soleil Moon Frye will explore her teen years in upcoming Hulu documentary KID 90
- R. Kelly’s Manager Called in Gun Threat That Shut Down Lifetime Docu-Series Premiere, Feds Say
- The Musketeers series two: Colin Salmon and Misfits actress Antonia Thomas sign up for the swashbuckling drama
- New York Film Festival Lineup Revealed: John Boyega,
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 7: Everything we know as show ends with May 4 finale
Greta Thunberg to star in new documentary series for BBC have 684 words, post on metro.co.uk at February 10, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.