OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — Gov. Jay Inslee issued an emergency proclamation Wednesday for 19 Washington counties because of significant winter weather that is forecast to continue through this weekend.
“These storms caused injuries, significant power outages, evacuations, road damage, temporary road closures and detours, rail line closures, and extensive damage to homes, businesses, public utilities, public facilities, electrical power systems, infrastructure and property,” Inslee said in the proclamation.
Road damage caused by recent snow is estimated at more than $3 million and required the state Department of Transportation to begin repair work immediately through the implementation of emergency procurement procedures to alleviate impacts to public safety.
The proclamation affects Clallam, Clark, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Island, Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, Pierce, San Juan, Skagit, Skamania, Snohomish, Thurston, Wahkiakum and Whatcom Counties.
The Washington Military Department’s Emergency Management Division continues to monitor and coordinate response activities. The proclamation directs state agencies to use state resources to do everything reasonably possible to assist affected communities. It also allows the state to apply for federal Department of Transportation funds to help permanently repair roadways.
- Emergency Declared At U.S. Nuclear Weapon Production Site
- WannaCrypt ransomware: Microsoft issues emergency patch for Windows XP
- Florida Declares State of Emergency Over Richard Spencer Visit
- State Of Emergency, Fires: Calif. AG Warns Against Price Gouging
- Judge Tells Kentucky Clerk She Has to Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- How to Choose a Reliable Emergency Radio (and Some Good Ones to Buy)
- Iraq declares Baghdad curfew as protests persist
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing As It Falls Apart On The Inside
- Bill Would Improve Access to Emergency Contraception For Rape Victims
- Emergency Slide Deploys At 38,000 Feet On United Flight
- Hey, This Is Bad: North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory Is Refusing to Concede An Election He Lost [Updated]
- Missouri Gov. Declares State Of Emergency, Imposes Curfew in Ferguson
- Zero Day Weekly: Cyber national emergency, GitHub and Slack nailed, Android malware less than 1 percent
- Shifting IT delivery to tablets: The strategic issues
- India and US to work together on Data.gov and against cyber-crime
- In a Major Victory for Abortion Rights, the Supreme Court Declares Texas' HB2 Unconstitutional
- Obama dubs Healthcare.gov glitches 'unacceptable'; calls in tech support
- IBM, Fort Worth aim to make emergency responders more collaborative
- No One's Ever Been Dedicated to Not Doing Their Job Quite Like County Clerk Kim Davis
- AC3 emerges as frontrunner to acquire Bulletproof
Gov. Inslee issues emergency declaration for 19 counties have 382 words, post on apnews.com at February 5, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.