Donald Trump will address the public on Wednesday night to discuss the government’s response to coronavirus, which US health officials say has entered a new phase. The president has expressed optimism, but that does not mesh with warnings from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that the respiratory illness is likely to cause “severe disruption” to the lives of ordinary Americans. Trump has complained without evidence that the news media is “doing everything possible” to make coronavirus “look as bad as possible”, while he has praised his administration’s response. Despite his rosy picture of the administration’s work, serious concerns have been raised about its response so far. The top questions for Trump before his remarks include: How is the US monitoring the outbreak? The government distributed faulty test kits and public health experts are increasingly concerned the lack of testing is misrepresenting the spread of coronavirus in the US. Test kits have not been widely distributed to hospitals or medical labs and the kits that have been sent out must be sent back to the CDC in Atlanta to confirm results. While South Korea has tested more than 35,000 people for coronavirus, the US has tested 426… Read full this story
- Will the Darkness of Donald Trump Outshine the Light of Christians?
- Donald Trump’s Uniquely Dangerous Unilateralism
- God as Donald Trump: Trying to Make Sense of Praise and Worship (part 6)
- Donald Trump Holding Off On Auto Tariffs
- GM's Slammed Again By Donald Trump Who Says EVs "Won't Work"
- Is the Holy Spirit Orange? Jim Bakker and Donald Trump
- This Is How President Donald Trump's Motorcade Rolls
- Donald Trump's stock answer to questions about Israel is so stupid, and so perfectly Trump
- Here's your official drinking game for the final debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump
- In Space Force, No One Can Hear Donald Trump Scream
Five questions Donald Trump must answer on coronavirus have 313 words, post on www.theguardian.com at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.