Donald Trump launched a fresh assault on the prosecution of Roger Stone minutes after the judge began sentencing the veteran dirty trickster for lying to Congress. The president defied his attorney general Bill Barr’s plea to ‘stop tweeting’ to accuse the prosecution of being unfair and launch a spree of attacks against his enemies. '”They say Roger Stone lied to Congress.” OH, I see, but so did Comey (and he also leaked classified information, for which almost everyone, other than Crooked Hillary Clinton, goes to jail for a long time), and so did Andy McCabe, who also lied to the FBI! FAIRNESS?’ the president tweeted. Trump has repeatedly accused Comey of lying to Congress, over the opening of the counter-intelligence investigation into members of his campaign over their alleged links to Russia. Trump’s tweets have plunged his own attorney general, Bill Barr, into a crisis over the rule of law, with the president declaring himself the ‘chief law enforcement officer,’ and demanding Barr ‘clean house.’ The tweet was issued just over an hour after Stone arrived in court in Washington D.C. to be sentenced – and as Department of Justice attorneys called the prosecution ‘righteous,’ apparently in a gesture of… Read full this story
- Donald Trump's failed attempts to buy landmark St Andrews hotel
- Donald Trump’s Scottish golf course hidden fees highlight how companies are screwing us over all the time
- Donald Trump's visit to UK
- Donald Trump was so engrossed in seeing Churchill exhibition at Blenheim Palace he delayed dinner for 150 guests
- Donald Trump power poses while Kim Jong-un was ‘mischievous’ at Singapore Summit body language expert reveals
- Donald Trump postpones meeting Vladimir Putin at White House until after Russia ‘witch hunt’ over next year
- Donald Trump denies knowing lawyer paid Stormy Daniels $130,000, in first public statement on scandal
- Former Swedish PM: Trump "Worse Than Putin" for Destabilizing EU
- Watch live: Trump says relationship between US and UK 'indispensable'
- Donald Trump waved at protesters who branded him a 'racist' as he played golf
Donald Trump attacks prosecution of Roger Stone while the judge is SENTENCING the dirty trickster - as DOJ lawyers IGNORE Bill Barr to say dirty trickster should not get leniency and call his conviction 'righteous' have 337 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 20, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.