Democratic presidential candidates got into a series of angry and personal exchanges at Tuesday night’s debate in Charleston – with Bernie Sanders attacking Mike Bloomberg for being a billionaire, Bloomberg labeling Sanders as Vladimir Putin’s favorite and a trio of candidates blasting Bloomberg for his ‘racist’ stop-and-frisk policy. It was the kind of full-on circular firing squad that commentators had warned might be coming in South Carolina, with Joe Biden’s ‘firewall’ claims on the line and Sanders having the potential to pad his delegate lead in the rush to Super Tuesday. The debate featured chaotic exchanges where multiple candidates sought to talk over each other, with CBS moderators Norah O’Donnell and Gayle King losing all control of the discussion about 40 minutes into the debate, either failing to referee or being completely ignored by the over-eager candidates. Candidates flouted 75-second response times, cut each other off, and yelled out retorts out of turn. ‘Not true,’ interjected Sanders when Amy Klobuchar questioned how he’ll pay for his programs. ’Can I say something?’ pleaded hedge funder Tom Steyer later in the heated exchange. ‘Let me go,’ he demanded. ‘Excuse me, can I respond to the attack?’ Sanders inquired when Pete Buttigieg went after him. ‘Listen… Read full this story
- Bernie Sanders cancels events after undergoing heart procedure
- Lil Nas X takes Gayle King inside studio where he recorded "Old Town Road"
- Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren meet ahead of 2020
- Bernie Sanders Has Heart Procedure, Cancels Campaign Events
- Bernie Sanders Hospitalized For Treatment of Artery Blockage
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders finally face off
- Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders clash on health care, guns, Wall Street
- Bernie Sanders suspends campaigning after hospitalization for heart procedure
- Democratic debate 2019 memes: Bernie Sanders wrote the damn bill
- Bernie Sanders: 'I am proud to stand with her'
Democrats shout at each other, turn on 'racist' Mike Bloomberg and gang up on 'unelectable' Bernie Sanders in messy debate - while the CBS moderators lose control so badly even Gayle King and Norah O'Donnell start arguing have 303 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.