Within three hours of buying a TV online from Currys I found a missed call from a Loughborough number, 01509 437111. A message stated it was about my Currys purchase and that they would try again. I checked the number online and it appears to be a scam. Other people have received calls after making a purchase from Currys and have been asked to confirm their financial details. Currys’ customer services confirmed it was a scam and when I collected the TV from my local store an assistant said the same. It appears that there is a serious security leak which has been going on for at least two months and leaves customers vulnerable. Unfortunately, the response I received from Currys gave no indication they are interested in doing anything about it. TR, Nottingham Various number-checker forums do, indeed, rate this landline as “dangerous”, as dozens of customers report being harassed by missed calls or hard-hitting sales pitches within hours of making a purchase from Currys. Startlingly, however, despite two of its own staff telling you it is a scam, Currys tells me it is not and that it is, indeed, responsible for the calls. It says: “During purchase, the… Read full this story
- Ayesha Curry Says Daughter Riley Likes Recreating YouTube Makeup Tutorials: 'It Doesn't Always Turn Out Great'
- Now that's what you call puppy fat! Staff at PDSA are urging owners of podgy pets to enter animal 'fit club' awards to win place on six-month weight-loss programme
- Kushner says calling witnesses would 'just take more time'
- Leah Remini Says Calling 'Second Act' a Romantic Comedy is a 'Disservice' To Movie with Jennifer Lopez
- Congressman Jim Jordan says calling John Bolton as witness "isn't warranted"
- Some asylum-seekers should be halted at border, new USCIS acting director says in memo to staff: report
- Ayesha Curry Gives a Sneak Peek of Her First Cookware Collection
- Ayesha Curry Reveals the Parenting Rule She and Her NBA Star Husband Steph Break Most Often
- Ayesha Curry Reveals She Got a 'Botched Boob Job' After Experiencing Postpartum Depression
- US files lawsuits against call centres, mostly from India, for making fake robocalls to Americans
Currys says calls aren’t a scam … its staff say they are! have 356 words, post on www.theguardian.com at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.