A Super Bowl victory is just the cherry on top of a great life for Andy Reid.
On Monday, the Kansas City Chiefs head coach, 61, told reporters how he celebrated his team’s big game win, sharing that his mostly sleepless night was capped off with a cheeseburger, a Pitbull playlist and the true prize in his eyes, his wife Tammy Reid.
“I didn’t really sleep last night, but I didn’t spend it with the trophy,” said Andy. “Well, I did — I spent it with my trophy wife, how’s that?”
He continued: “I listened to Pitbull, that’s what I did. He was unbelievable; he’s got great endurance, I’ll tell ya. Unbelievable endurance, that guy has.”
Andy has been married to Tammy for 38 years, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer, and their family — children Britt, Spencer, Crosby and Drew Ann — gathered on Sunday to watch as the coach led his squad to a triumphant end to the season.
Their other child, son Garrett, died of a drug overdose in 2012 at age 29, but the family said they felt him at the stadium with them.
“The fact that we were all here, that was amazing,” Tammy said, according to the Inquirer. “Except for ‘G.’ So sad, but I know he’s watching us.”
The couple met at Brigham Young University in Utah, according to the outlet, and Tammy has been by his side ever since.
“I’ve been … with her for about 40 years now,” said Reid. “Every day is a special day, I’m telling ya. I call her my girlfriend for that reason. You never lose interest if you do that, right, you guys out there? Call them your girlfriend and you always do special things for them.”
Added Tammy: “Just seeing all the hard work he puts in, I’m just so happy for him. I’m happy for the Hunts [owners of the Chiefs] and the players and the coaches and the city of Kansas City, but mostly for him because I see all the hard work he does.”
Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories
Reid’s star player, Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, also had his significant other at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida, on Sunday to root for him.
“We fought for our right to PAAAARTYYYY🎉🎉🎉 #chiefskingdom,” Matthews captioned a photo with Mahomes on Instagram after the big win.
In the picture, the couple, who have been dating since high school, are leaning in for a kiss as they stand among Chiefs-themed confetti on the field.
- Tom Brady breaks own Super Bowl record with Bucs' win vs Chiefs and matches Peyton Manning
- Man Utd chief Ed Woodward quits Premier League role after European Super League fiasco
- Set to break Knute Rockne's record, Brian Kelly knows his Notre Dame legacy rests on winning national title
- Man Utd chief Ed Woodward has 'house targeted by masked protestors'
- Arsene Wenger: My final few years at Arsenal were unfairly criticised
- MS Dhoni REVEALS how his captaincy helped CSK beat Virat Kohli’s RCB in IPL 2021
- Kickin’ It with Kiz: Ben Simmons in a Nuggets uniform? It’s an excellent idea, but …
- Roger Federer advice couldn't stop Rafael Nadal and Stefanos Tsitsipas suffering defeat
- NFL odds, lines, picks, spreads, best bets, predictions for Week 3, 2021: Model loving Ravens, Raiders
- Roger Federer 'disappointed' as injured Swiss confirms he will not attend Laver Cup
- Emma Raducanu's US Open heroics may never have happened after Wimbledon 'screwed up'
- Henry Slade puts World Cup final heartache behind him as Exeter conquer Europe
- TIME TO PUBLISH AND BE DAMNED
- Arsenal vs Spurs: Alan Smith previews the north London derby clash at the Emirates
- Hungary fined by FIFA and handed stadium ban for racist behaviour from supporters against England
- How Angela Merkel let the West become Vladimir Putin’s pawn in the new Cold War that’s sent your gas bills soaring
Chiefs Coach Andy Reid Calls Wife of Nearly 40 Years His Real ‘Trophy’ After Super Bowl Win have 795 words, post on people.com at February 4, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.