This rejected wonky-faced dog called Picasso has become an Instagram star after being rehomed with cats and a pig.
Picasso is pit-bull, chihuahua and pomperianian-mix and was born with “wry mouth” – an upper jaw deformity.
His unconventional look gave him the name Picasso because he looks like one of the artist’s famous abstract portraits.
Picasso’s condition has disfigured his face with his nose pushed to the right and his overbite pushed to the left – but he can still eat, bark and play like any other pooch.
He was abandoned two days before Christmas 2016 with brother Pablo – who did not suffer from the defect – by dog shelter owner Liesl Wilhardt, 51, a few months later.
Despite only intending to foster the two pups for a few months, Pablo died suddenly of a brain aneurysm in October 2017.
Devastated by the loss of his brother Picasso, 3, now lives with eight other rescue dogs, two cats and a rescue pig named Pax.
Owner Liesl Wilhardt who runs Luvable Dog Rescue in Oregon, USA, said: “People feel sorry for him at first because they think he was hurt.
“But he was born that way. He is perfectly imperfect. “Once they know he isn’t in any pain and nothing horrible happened to him, they relax and his appearance makes him laugh.
“He was actually almost killed as a puppy because he ate some plastic and it caused a blockage in his system.
“Nobody knows why some animals are born with this condition. Something just happens when they are developing in the womb.
“He is not in any pain, and does not need corrective surgery. He can still do all the things other dogs can do.
“He can do everything a normal dog does, but he is a bit of a messy eater and can only lick to his left.
“He knows tricks and commands. He can play dead, wave, walk backwards in circles, jump through hoops. You know it, he can do it.
“He often does it with Pax the pig too.I fell in love with his face right away and are the best of friends.
“His jaw line is fine and he can open his mouth normally as you can see with his amazing yawns.”
To keep up to date with Picasso’s escapades follow him @picassothewonkyandwacku on Instagram
- New Hero Cat Saves Baby In Russia's Winter
- Face-Off! Amazon Echo vs Google Home
- Warning issued over health consequences of genetically modified dogs
- Proof Your Dog Knows Exactly What You’re Thinking
- My Pet Almost Died Because I Didn't Know About This Deadly Danger To Cats
- The New (Ancient) Cure for Immune Disorders
- Keyless padlocks reviewed: Dog & Bone LockSmart Bluetooth vs. Master Lock Bluetooth Smart 4400
- How Do You Get Rid of Bed Bugs for Good? Home Remedies and Tips
- Apple HomePod vs Amazon Echo and Google Home: How Each Stacks Up
- 13 Laryngitis Home Remedies
- My Tortured Relationship With Pigs—And What I Learned When I Stopped Eating Factory Farmed Pork
- Apple Photos 3: The changes, new features, and improvements you should know about
- Science Says Your Dog Knows Exactly What You’re Thinking, Which Definitely Isn’t Creepy
- Piebaldism: Scientists Explain Why And How Cats And Dogs Got Their Spots
- The Scary Way Your Cat Could Be Changing Your Personality
- How to Make Healthy Homemade Dog Food
- Women, Money, and Friends Come and Go, but Dogs are Forever
- How Dogs Keep Kids Fit and Trim
- It's Like Waiting in Line for a New iPhone, If an iPhone Was Edible
- New Answers Outside the Box
Abandoned wonky-faced dog called Picasso finds new home with cats and a pig have 578 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at February 20, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.