‘A really important artist for a whole generation of Brits’ Damn, I really can’t believe this … Weatherall deeply impacted me, my life course and, of course, my musical tastes. His work with Primal Scream on what eventually became Screamadelica opened up a whole new world of music, which led to me making lifelong friends and becoming who I am today. Thinking about it he probably impacted my actual life more than any other artist, something I hadn’t realised until learning of his passing. A really important artist for a whole generation of Brits. marmalade166 ‘You could always count on Andy to push it all a little bit left field’ Bloody hell. What a shame … one of the pioneers. The Boy’s Own parties and Shoom will remain fondly in my memories. Crazy hedonistic times. The wonderful “ East Grinstead “ party probably the best of all. You could always count on Andy to push it all a little bit left field. Good times, good people. hucklehuckle ‘Someone who always did what he wanted’ More years ago than I care to remember he played my home town as the “support” for Airstream. Two local guys who thought they knew it… Read full this story
- Patty Jenkins shares new picture of Wonder Woman 1984 as a birthday tribute to Gal Gadot: 'I love you more than words can say'
- Julie Andrews Says Therapy “Saved” Her Life
- DJ Khaled will release his collaboration single with Nipsey Hussle which was filmed just days before the rapper was shot dead in Los Angeles
- DJ Shadow’s triumphant new LP is part evolution, part class reunion
- Jamaican reggae artist Louie Rankin who worked with DJ Khaled and DMX dies in a car crash in Ontario, Canada
- Andrew Lloyd Webber warns of diversity crisis in British theatre
- DJs are underrated, disrespected in Nigeria — DJ Neptune
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Is the Feminist Hero We’ve Been Waiting For
- DC Reveals First Look at Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed
- Kim Kardashian kicks off Father's Day tributes with message to Kanye while Jennifer Lopez, Carrie Underwood and fellow celebs share love on social media
'A wonderfully creative DJ': readers' tributes to Andrew Weatherall have 351 words, post on www.theguardian.com at February 18, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.