Drink with Tony Soprano, Vilnius Inside Vilnius’s unassuming 19th-century socialist-realist station itself is shabby-chic Bar Peronas. It serves excellent local beer (€2.50) alongside solid cocktails; if you’re feeling adventurous, try Herba Devynia, a Lithuanian take on a bitter Italian amaro made from bark, roots, herbs, fruit, blossom and leaves. Seating spills out on to the railway platform, where you can sit alongside a five-metre tall statue of Tony Soprano clad in a dressing gown as you watch trains shuttle off towards Minsk and on to Saint Petersburg. Once the sun goes down, talented local DJs play anything from hip-hop and techno to Balkan beats and afrojazz.Rob Perfectly positioned pub, Dublin “Bongo” Ryan’s of Parkgate Street is three minutes’ walk across the Liffey from Heuston station, and within a short stroll of Guinness’s St James’s Gate Brewery. It’s one of Dublin’s finest Victorian pubs, housing a cosy snug and sturdy mahogany bar. If you can tear yourself away, it is a short walk to historic Kilmainham Gaol and the immense grandeur of Phoenix Park. The National Museum of Decorative Arts & History is a block away. If I had 24 hours in Dublin, I’d spend a few of them here.Tim Books… Read full this story
- Asia Travel Tips, Secrets of Seeing Beijing on the Cheap!
- Ten Salzburg Travel Tips - What To See And Do In Salzburg, Austria
- Three Day Lisbon Travel Tips
- Five Travel Tips For Florence
- Budget Travel Tips - Eight Simple Ways to Stretch Your Vacation Budget
- Top 6 Madrid Travel Tips
- Travel Tips - 5 Ways To Stretch Your Travel Budget
- Bon Voyage - Top 10 Safe Travel Tips
- Dorset Secret Travel Tip - Smugglers Inn, Osmington and Ringstead Bay
- Denver Travel Tips - 15 Reasons Not to Visit or Move There!
10 great bars and cafes near railway stations in Europe: readers’ travel tips have 299 words, post on www.theguardian.com at February 28, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.