OAKLAND (CBS SF) — A 42-year-old Oakland woman was killed early Sunday morning when her car was struck at the intersection Grand Ave and Macarthur Blvd by a driver who fled the scene, authorities said.
Oakland police said officers responded to reports of a crash at 1:09 a.m.
Upon arrival, officers discovered that a 2014 Audi was traveling southbound on Grand Ave, approaching the intersection at Macarthur Blvd when it collided with a 2002 Subaru Outback.
The force of the crash sheared off the front of one of the vehicles and left the other badly damaged.
Emergency responders treated the Subaru driver at the scene, she was then transported to Highland Hospital where she succumbed to her injuries.
Police said the male driver of the Audi fled along with two of his passengers. At this time it is unknown if alcohol or drugs are a factor in the collision.
The crash remained under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Oakland Police Department Traffic Investigation Unit at (510) 777-8570.
- California driver charged with murder for hit-run crash that killed 2-year-old, her grandma
- Brooklyn mom dies at Bellevue after hit-run by stolen minivan
- Just let her die, say kin of hit-run victim
- WOMAN KILLED IN B'KLYN HIT-&-RUN
- Woman dies at Arizona NHRA race when tire flies off dragster after Antron Brown's crash
- Woman dies after being struck by SUV in Niles
- Woman, 18, facing charge over fatal pedestrian crash at Morley and Osborne
- Jersey City boy, 8, killed in hit-and-run crash: authorities
- Fatal hit-run suspect delivered to cops
- Defense for man accused of hit-and-run crash claim evidence was contaminated
- Missouri woman riding in Amish buggy killed in crash
- 8 children, woman die in Bx. fire Neighbors, FDNY rescue others amid screams
- Staten Island woman died after enraged husband beat her for not paying for cable
- 11-year-old boy killed by speeding hit-run driver in Flatbush, Brooklyn
- Two fatal hit-run accidents in city, identities of deceased unknown
- Bronx woman dies after being trapped in basement by fast-moving fire
- Fourteen people injured in an early-morning Bronx flat fire Wednesday
- Woman dies after butt implant procedure; Tourist underwent backdoor silicone surgery in Hampton Inn
- Biker, 27, killed in hit-and-run crash in downtown Manhattan
- Long Island cyclist dies in hospital after Christmas hit-&-run
Woman Dies In Early Morning Oakland Hit-And-Run Crash have 358 words, post on sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com at January 19, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.