TYSON FURY labelled Oleksandr Usyk a “cruiserweight bum” as he took aim at the WBO for their rankings.
The Gyspy King, 31, was overtaken in the WBO standings by Usyk when the Ukrainian moved up to heavyweight and won his debut in the division in October.
Fury, now not ranked by the organisation at all, took a sly swipe when WBO president Paco Valcarcel suggested the Brit could fight 6-0 Bakhodir Jalolov.
He tweeted: “maybe if you hadn’t removed me from number 1 ranked Wbo!
“And put some cruiserweight bum with 1 fight at heavyweight then u could have a say! Haha.”
Fury rematches WBC champion Deontay Wilder next month with the pair settling the score after their contentious draw in December 2018.
His domestic rival Anthony Joshua went on to reclaim the WBO belt as well as the WBA and IBF titles with a rematch win over Andy Ruiz Jr.
And with Fury tied up with Wilder, Valcarcel revealed the ex-unified champion had to be removed from their rankings.
The WBO chief said: “Champ we respect you a lot, but you aren’t available… that’s the reason wbo removed you from the rankings. By the way champ, good luck…”
Despite Fury’s lighthearted banter with the WBO president, he was less than impressed when Wilder failed to show up to his media duties to promote their rematch.
In an online rant at the end of last month, the Gypsy King blasted: “This is Tyson Fury AKA the Gypsy King this is a message to Deontay the Bronze Bomber the big p***y Wilder.
Most read in boxing
Fury flies in two up-and-coming Brits as sparring partners to prepare for Wilder
Inside the bloody, brutal world of bare-knuckle boxing where teeth fly into crowd
Boxing champ Canelo shows off his luxury personalised yacht worth £45m
TIGHTEN YOUR BELT
Fury earned £2.3m from Wilder but net worth will soar to £100m this year
ON THE BOX
Joshua vs Ruiz 2 DAZN’s most streamed sporting event of 2019
ON THE BILL
Canelo claims blockbuster bout against Saunders would be a ‘great fight’
Taylor blasted by Shane McGuigan after he breaks contract to sign for Top Rank
Dubois set to headline 18 April UK show as talks to face Joe Joyce continue
Meet the two Brits ‘smashing’ Fury in LA training ahead of Wilder showdown
“He’s not turned up to any of the media events today, blagging he’s got the flu because he doesn’t want to be in the same room as me because I’ll take him to school.
“His management team and his full team are afraid to put Deontay Wilder in the same room as Tyson Fury, facts.
“Deontay, what a little bitch you’ve become. You can’t even come and see me and be face-to-face with me as you know you’ll be taken to school… p***y.”
- Tyson Fury delivers message to Deontay Wilder after signing contract for trilogy fight
- Tyson Fury’s trainer predicts when boxing star will knock out Anthony Joshua
- Tyson Fury vows to 'smash' Anthony Joshua in KO warning to rival as fight talks continue
- Tyson Fury's dad John pays rare compliment to son's rival Anthony Joshua
- Anthony Joshua names five fights he could take after Oleksandr Usyk and says Ukrainian is ‘just as good’ as Tyson Fury
- Anthony Joshua next fight: Eddie Hearn hints at 2020 plan for Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury
- Watch Deontay Wilder train on pads with Malik Scott mimicking Tyson Fury’s style in outdoor ring ahead of July 24 fight
- Anthony Joshua compares Tyson Fury to replacement opponent Oleksandr Usyk
- Anthony Joshua makes Tyson Fury admission as he seeks 'statement' vs Oleksandr Usyk
- Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk date confirmed as Brit looks to set up Tyson Fury bout
- Ricky Hatton column: Joe Joyce will be a nightmare for Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury, he’s not playing games
- Anthony Joshua refuses to name Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury on next opponent list
- Fears Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury will not happen until at least 2023 with fighters failing to agree terms on deal
- Anthony Joshua claims next opponent Oleksandr Usyk is ‘just as good’ as boxing rival Tyson Fury
- Eddie Hearn hoping and praying Anthony Joshua will face Tyson Fury but admits he doesn’t ‘believe’ Gypsy King’s team
- What next for Tyson Fury v Anthony Joshua after promoter says £200m mega-fight is ‘dead in the water’?
- Tyson Fury insists he’s ‘last person to blame’ for coronavirus outbreak as he slams Deontay Wilder’s ‘large entourage’
- Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury told they want to ‘avoid’ feared Arslanbek Makhmudov who would ‘make Wembley tremble’
- Eddie Hearn names Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua date but hints it's still in Saudi Arabia
- Bob Arum slams Tyson Fury’s camp for ‘f***ing up’ after he caught Covid and hails Deontay Wilder for fight preparations
Tyson Fury slams rival Usyk as ‘cruiserweight bum’ after being overtaken in controversial WBO heavyweight rankings have 846 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.